Frisk Fader

Motek

Guest Symatic

This looks like a neat stocking filler (for me)

what's the cut in & durability like SY?

Its just a cheap fader in a bit if plastic, its very simple. I had installed a fader in my pt-01 already but the frisk fader does have a proper cut in.

It feels a bit like a technics fader i guess, but durability wise.... I dunno but its more for fun than hardcore scratching.

And it pops a bit too so dont go plugging it in to a massive PA!

I think if someone took the plunge and ordered loads theyd sell em all, because it did take over a month maybe two to get it here!

Guest rasteri

I dunno the right terminology for a fader that cuts...

Yeah I'm wondering about that too.

Most scratch mixers use electronics to convert the soft curve signal from the fader into a sharp curve, but that's obviously not what's going on here as the frisk fader is entirely passive. They must have either had a custom fader with a sharp curve manufactured, or some manufacturer is making faders that way as standard.

If you're willing to open yours up, it might be worth seeing if there is anything written on the fader, that might give us some clues.

I dunno the right terminology for a fader that cuts...

step? square? a switch?

Forgive my ignorance (I really don't know much about audio electronics), but I pictured this thing to behave as nothing more than a momentary switch. Normally closed in the middle of the fader, and open at the ends.

Does this thing actually allow you to adjust the curve?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a place in the states that sell these? I tried to buy from the official site but its all japanese text. Stokyo list them as sold out.. Raiden faders also sold out from their official page, only doing preorders on their newer fader versions now..

you can buy from the Japanese website I managed to buy one from there
I think I just used the google translator to get through it I do remember there was something still a little confusing about purchasing but I managed it

although it seems raiden faders are better quality seems to be the more popular choice so you might want to just do the preorder from them
I'm pretty sure the frisk faders can be pretty slow to arrive anyway so the wait might not be much difference I'm gonna grab raiden pretty soon