Scratching Feedback Appreciated

MIGVELAZ

Hey guys, I've been putting in lots of practice on my timing(still lots of practice to go to stay on beat) and learning some new moves from people on this forum and I can already tell the difference personally, but I'd appreciate any feedback on how and what I should improve.

http://soundcloud.com/migvelaz/scratch-session-11-15-2012

How long you been at it man?

It's hard to give feedback without knowing how long you've been scratching, but if you're reasonably new to it then I think those cuts are decent. You're sticking with the basics and pulling off several different techniques quite well and that's the way to go IMO. At that sort of stage, I would just say keep doing your thing, cos you're definitely on the right path.

Thanks for the responses, I've had turntables for a couple years but only really did the basic scratches like baby/forward/transform/chirp. For probably 2-3 months been going hard trying to learn all sorts of new scratches and trying to get the basics really clean.

Yeah you're on the right track. If I had to be critical (and there's no need to be, really) I'd say maybe loosen up a little, try a faster beat and work on getting that funk in your record hand... but overall that was good. Keep it up.