two click flares

amatic

is crabbing/twiddling 2 click flares cheating  

27 members have voted

1. 1. is crabbing/twiddling 2 click flares cheating

Guest rasteri

What the hell even is pinch style? Double-clicks are one of the few things I can do clean and fast but I don't THINK I do them pinch style...?

i do both wrist and pinch depending on different factors like brat speed or what combo I am doing.

i never really learnt twiddles, I kinda think they are cheesy, especially when guys do nothing but twiddles with the of transformer mixed in, same goes for crabs.

I understand there is no right or wrong way to cut but feel you should be able to do twiddles, 2 clicks both ways in order to say you are good at cutting.

I know I'm not right but that's my thoughts on this.

Prime Cuts & Smirs come to mind when I think of the "pinch" style,

and if I've understood pinch style right I was doing them till Yoshi tore my technique apart (in the nicest possible way) and got me to do them his way -1m27s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGacXsqFWcc#t=1m27s

one of the scratch beasts on here pls correct me if I'm wrong but I guess the advantage of the latter is that you can slow down or speed up your clicks accordingly and switch between 2,3 + depending on how many you want to do?

when trying to describe pinching style the only thing that came to mind is trying to squeeze a stress ball twice in really quick succession, probably the quickest way to tendonitis!

i'm just wondering if anyone has any pointers for HOW to do pinch style

How I've always done them is grip the fader between your thumb and pointer/or/index, bust the two clicks, then release the grip for the ghost click and then repeat on the reverse and so on. At faster speeds it looks like you're "pinching" the fader.

• Like 1

Similar thing with pinched 3 clk and wrist 3 clk eversoslightly different sounding. I think the pinched 3 clk has a d dd. sound and wrist is more d d d

I bin do in the pinched style lately, I think jam wrist flicks em and they sound rapid. We both wrist flik our orbits but I tend to pinch em at slower speeds.

I remember the early days when peeps used to do a orbit with a really wide gate bit like a crabs claw sort of grip. They sound funky and flarey even more so on a old skool fader.

In my mind a twiddle is a twiddle and an orbit is a wrist flicked double flare there and back. In my early days my crabs and twiddls were both what I considered to be closed fader scratches.