Packing Records

djzee

basically ive got a load of records im considering selling so i can get my hands on traktor,

but im unsure of a few things..

if i was to sell them singly.. how would i pack them so the buyer don't receive a snapped or damaged record after Royal Fail have had their hands on it?

and also the cheapest way to pack them safely would be handy.

where's the best place to sell them?

ive been recommended discogs, but ive never used it, would it be better than the dreaded ebay?

or maybe, should i sell them all in one go, collection only style? im guessing i would get less £ that way tho?

could use some advice on this, as ive never sold any records before!

:wacko:

For individual records you want some record mailers, maybe with some extra card to add stiffness (oo-er!).

For valuations check eBay completed listings and Popsike. There's probably better ways to value them though, but I don't know of any better sites.

And selling them as a collection definitely cuts the amount of money you'll get way down.

i buy off discogs all the time.

everyone uses proper mailers and extra card to reinforce it - but thats covered by shipping costs so you shouldnt have to scrimp on it.