Anyone know how I can fix my Vestax platter?

Sublimity

I have an old Vestax PDX 2000 turntable I've been cutting on for years. I've been trying to learn to mix here recently, just to find myself at a stand still because the platter is warped on it. I've searched all over and can't find anywhere that sells replacement platters for this old of a model.

Does anyone know of a website I can try or maybe heard of a way to upgrade the platter to the newer type?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "the platter is warped"? Do you mean the actual platter itself? Or are the brackets that attach it to the turntable bent?

If you're after a replacement platter, funnily enough I happen to have one: -

Clipboard01.jpg

If you want it, make me an offer for it.

I guess I'm not completely sure now. I took the platter off and set it on a flat surface and it doesn't seem to be warped. Looked at the brackets and if either of them are bent, its so slight that I can't tell by just looking at it. I took a video of how the platter looks, maybe that will help....

Edited by Sublimity

It's been a while since I've used one, but from memory, I think that's just how they are to some degree. Have you put the platter top-down on a totally flat surface? Try that and see if there's any wobble. If there isn't, then it's unlikely that switching platters will fix it.