Drum breaks on shit records

DJ Rock Well

Haha! I'd forgotten about this thread. Sterling work!

Believe me Rock I have loads for you mate..

@Sy- yep that is one horrible shitty song

I fucking hate west coast hippy nonsense and the track below illustrates why... bands like the Doobie Bros and The Grateful Dead drive me to the brink of uncontrolled rage . :@@

in fact the only band i remotely like who make that sort of music is America who are great but even they suck ass too...

there's some nice old school Apache stylings on this break though..

Break at 00.00

Guest Symatic

doobie brothers is definately a band that owes us all many hours of wasted time digging, finding a record that's called "doobie brothers" and not being awesome weed-themed funk all the way through. I must have spent nearly £5 in total on their shite over the years, and i want it back!!!!

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Put Your Hand in the Hand is one of those great tunes where the break is nearly always there so if you see it as a cover or compilation you've probably got a dope break regardless of how shit the rest of the record is.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

I like it when someone write a tune with a drum break and then everyone who covers it makes sure they include the breaks in their version.

That last one's dope. Where's the one on your mix? The one with the Busta acappella over the top?

couldnt find on youtube.... its a perfect example though, the rest of the record is awful

I like it when someone write a tune with a drum break and then everyone who covers it makes sure they include the breaks in their version.

'Kissing My Love' is a good example of this ..theres so many different versions available of the track

^^^Oh yeah I think Cindy is hawt btw !

'Kissing My Love' is a good example of this ..theres so many different versions available of the track

^^^Oh yeah I think Cindy is hawt btw !

LOL

Kissing My Love is wicked.

I was going to post Spider Juice by The Shadows but...

1. Everyone knows it.
  2. It's not shit (although the rest of the LP is pretty dire).
  • Like 1

I'll have to refresh my own memory of a few I've found and used recently(ish). There's one off a Rupert Holmes record that's good and worthless (who actually likes Yacht?) I used on the 3/4 beat on the last looper. I was just making a beat with one off a throwaway disco/pop record at the weekend too.

When I make a beat I sometimes search for the source LP in WhoSampled to see if anything's been done with it already.

I've made a beat before that sounded almost exactly the same as another tune (Action Bronson, I think). Anyone would think I'd ripped off their tune but I'd never heard the damn thing!

• Like 1

I've made a beat before that sounded almost exactly the same as another tune... anyone would think I'd ripped off their tune but I'd never heard the damn thing!

Yep, I've done that too.

this tune is funky as a funky Friday afternoon but theres one massive problem....The fucking Brady Bunch are 'singing' on it...i never actually saw The Brady Bunch on telly when I was a kid and after hearing this im fucking glad I didnt

Break at 00.00