Scratchophone ?

rithie

Guest Mike Reezy

this isnt yours is it? I also think its a big joke, they cant be serious, that guy obvioussly has never skratched, it also looks like there is no power (platter wont move unless you move it)

Looks tight tho, I would like to get some info from that person concerning how the rigged up and waht crossfader they are using, looks like a Focus fader but who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

lol, rithie, nice try though. By the way those Vinyl killers are dope. Just to clear it up, poeople you would need like a fucking car battery or like 80 d cell batteries to power the turntable and the mixer that is supposedly in the scratchophone, so it's be lheavy like amother fucker also, where's the audio coming from, clearly not from the scratchophone, lol i really lvoe those vinyl killers

This all seems a bit strange.. I havent had time to watch the video as yet but i will when i get home from work.

How much would one of these cost to make or how much would you sell it for?

The design looks weird from the drawings is there any chance you could alter it?

Btw those vinyl killers really will kill --- I dont think your meant to skratch with them!!! haha

Is that how it will be setup or will you have an alternative headshell. I know the killers cost quite a lot....

So tell me - What will make this better than the QFO?

Is that how it will be setup or will you have an alternative headshell.  I know the killers cost quite a lot....

So tell me - What will make this better than the QFO?

Hey guys, remember it's just a conceptual prototype ... ! I try to make fonctionnal ... Headshell was the main technical issue, it's done with the vinyl killer bending stylus (3 wheels kart with a simple stylus).

the scratchophone is not a classic turntable... It gives for the very first time an "instrumental unity" to scratch musicians. You just can't spin albums on it, but you can scratch them !

QFO is a very expensive plastic gear ... and not so portable...

Scratchophone price should be less than 300 USD, about 5 times less expensive.

For me, main project aspect is bringing more musicians to scratch art, to accelerate this musical fusion and to finish at the Rio carnaval !

protection and guidance mates !

Absolutly me friend ... but remenber that the scratchophone uses only skip proof vinyls , exclusivly for scratchers (Dj Swamp ones are unwearable !!). It's our instrument ... don't care about buying strings (for guitarists) or vinyls ... consumable part of the art ! Sure, the main technical issue is to minimize this relative cost. I'm working on it, trying to find a balanced solution acceptable enough for an instrument.

I think like you said your problem is the tonearm. You should really look on how you can improve that gooseneck tonearm. I wouldnt mind the record wear but the stylus would get jacked which isnt cheap. I think also there must be someway to get a motor on it. Would it be possible to exchange the speakers inside for a motor even if it is a belt drive, better than no movement.