@ Chris (Send & return)

Can someone please explain to me how this shit works?

I'm looking at Chris most likely here as he's helped me with it before...You helped me set my ish up so I could mulittrack. The trouble is I didn't really understand it at the time so have completely forgotten what was going on.

I was actually going to record some non 4/4 cuts for the beat Steve posted, I was all warmed up and everything. By the time I've finished fucking around with wires and stuff though I've completely lost my groove. This is why I never record shit!

Is there a way I can set up using send / return so I can easily just leave all the cables plugged in and then just go to record when I feel like it without having to plug in / unplug wires the whole time? I only have one of these bad boys so it needs to be simple:

http://www.directsoundlighting.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=380

Nice one man! (Or any one else with some info)

send and return are used for effects. e.g. you can have your mixer going into an echo from the send, then plug the output of the echo into return, then when you activate send on a channel on your mixer, you'll get echo on that channel.

send and return are used for effects. e.g. you can have your mixer going into an echo from the send, then plug the output of the echo into return, then when you activate send on a channel on your mixer, you'll get echo on that channel.

Iirc doob's referring to when I showed him how to track out a single channel but get the whole signal through the mixer still, it's a hacky but cool way to multitrack via the same concept :)

d00ban, I'm sure your fine with what you've got, if I understand what you're trying to do correctly.

I do it with my 56 and a 2 in/2 out Echo interface.

I just leave my decks set up normally, have a beat playing in my DAW (or Maschine) routed through the interface output to my right mixer channel (I don't have two decks set up at home, but if you want to leave both your decks set up normally just route the beat you are playing to the aux input). You should be able to route the DAW playing the beat to the Return channel but I've had mixed results mixer to mixer, so I always go with the aux or right channel.

Then I wire the Send output to the interface input, routing it to a new track in my DAW (which is muted as it records + any input monitoring facilty in you DAW needs to be turned off too). Then I scratch on the left deck over the beat playing on the right channel as normal, sending just the left deck (left FlexFX button) to the interface input to be recorded in the new track. The FX wet and dry needs to be all the way wet.

Depending on the DAW your using and how it handles latency, you might find you need to slide the scratch audio track forwards or back slightly so it lines up nicely with the beat, but maybe not - try out it.

If I want to scratch something on DVS, I have to use my Audio 8 so I have DVS ins and outs too but I'm sure you said you have a 57, so that would handle all that.

Edited by DJ Rock Well

Thanks guys,

I had another go at this ... What rockwell talked about any way... And I'm getting echo. As far as I am aware I've turned off monitoring in Ableton so no comprende. I'm such a spaz when it comes to this shit lol.