Does redefining words get on your nerves?

Steve

OK rite, so I've just got used to the word gay meaning homosexual, and now it seems to have evolved to be an adjective meaning "not very good"...

Me too which has led me to some awkard moments with gay friends. "That's so gay!" type things... then I have to say "I'm bi so it's OK if I say something is gay" which usually smooths it over. No homo.

"when Moldover coined the word controllerism and described it as "just like turntablism but with a midi controller"."

that is a fucking absurd definition. If you're going to a coin a new word, you should put a bit more mental weight into its definition.

How the fuck is it anything like turntablism? There's no turntable involved.

And I agree, its annoying to hear folks mislabel songs as "electro", when they're not anything close. Electro is a very specific sound.

I'm okay with folks using "EDM" as an umbrella like term to address it all at once. Sure, we all know its far more nuanced than that. Like when folks used to call it all "techno" (well, that at least happened in the North East of the US), and they were meaning everything from gabber, acid house, dnb - to - disco house, tribal techno, and happy hardcore.

I'd be okay if this site was called "the history of EDM"..... http://techno.org/el...ic-music-guide/

everybody says techno here too. Still even (but usually people that don't listen to that kind of music). I use "electronic music" as a general term... dunno if that's a faux pas of what.

OK rite, so I've just got used to the word gay meaning homosexual, and now it seems to have evolved to be an adjective meaning "not very good"...

Me too which has led me to some awkard moments with gay friends. "That's so gay!" type things... then I have to say "I'm bi so it's OK if I say something is gay" which usually smooths it over. No homo.

Haha

I have a few gay friends.on my facebook so I'm careful about not saying certain stuff. Most people don't these days anyway, there's just odd bits sometimes. A few of the old schoolers at my work seem to say stuff is gay now and then.

I don't like how everyone calls their music "funky" or "funk" music, when what they mean is you can dance to it. The specific meaning of the word "funk" needs to be protected and used way more judiciously.

It particularly bothers me when people describe curtains or vases as funky. I also hate when people refer to those things as being "fun".

sounds like a shitty try at a mumbaton song

moobmathon came out a few years after :)

Both seem to be just an extension of Reggaeton tho. Which is probably why they both kinda suck. ...you can polish a turd all day...