pivot system

chile

Pivot system - Keep some aspect constant and improvise around it. In the demonstration its the record motion (which is always same speed babies with only pitching for variation) but it can be anything you like. Useful for unifying combinations and the application of a simple rule will encourage new combos to naturally arise.

[media=]

[/media]

Guest broke

Like many other Djs out there, I do something similar with two clickers. The double click of the fader remains constant but the record movement varies (orbits, og flares, tears etc)

Keep up the good work, Chile

Like many other Djs out there, I do something similar with two clickers. The double click of the fader remains constant but the record movement varies (orbits, og flares, tears etc)

Keep up the good work, Chile

Cheers broke. Yeah its the same when learning transforms as well where the clicks stay constant like a metronome and the record hand spazzes out. Its just a simplifying rule. Nothing new, but you can get new ideas from applying the rule in different ways. Another decent one I've been practicing with lately is repeatedly letting the deck play the forward record motion then quickly pulling back to the sample start and all the musical variation has to come from the fader side. Can be hard to keep things sounding good in those circumstances, but you end up learning new ways to do things to compensate.

• 7 months later...