The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

The other beat was a loop sent to him by someone called Zrylc X. He's going to look for it on his old laptop and he'll upload it if he can find it. It hasn't been posted up publicly or used on a beat looper, so hopefully he can find it and I'll post the link here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the name of the DJ Krush song featured on the 'Scratch' documentary?

I've been through his music on Spotify but can't find it..dunno if it was ever released. On the soundtrack it just lists it as 'DJ Krush - live'

EDIT: thanks Steve for moving this post - i didn't realise there was already a thread!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's the "You Can Make It if You Try" break by Sly + the family stone, yeah probably the jungle brothers sample

Sorry i wrote my post a while before posting it

thanks for the help lads. it was driving me a bit mad

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the vocal sample in this is?

• 1 month later...
Guest Symatic

i've always wanted to know what this break is, any ideas? sounds like commodores maybe?

it's the one at 36:37 in this mix.

https://www.mixcloud.com/btsradio/kan-kick-bored-in-the-crates-homage-live-on-andrew-mezas-bts-radio-06/

by the way this mix is one of the greatest ever in my opinion. sure the beat juggles are sloppy, but theyre also raw as fuck and awesome. deeeep crates :)

but i've always wanted to know what that break is. it appeared in a tune that featured on a Gameboy Advert in the early 90's that i remember sampling onto tape as a kid so i could loop that bit up. can't find the ad either but it was cool, was all stop motion animation and had some dude going "so let's do it" at the beginning..... anyway...

whats that break? Mike L? Danswift?