The track/sample IDs thread

Steve

The beat itself is on Melo-D's Ultimate Snakes & Cheats battlewax.

Word, I've actually got that one and it's on another break record I have too (maybe the DJ Supreme/aLias record?) I was trying to find the original source (if there is one).

here you go:

https://youtu.be/cywYLQqsMNg

• Like 2

This you mean?.....

Lafayette were a great band , they also recorded loads of stuff under different names ( I think they had about 10 aliases altogether or something )

The Bobby Boyd Congress ,Sweet Exorcist and ICE were amongst the names they used and are all worth checking out if you've never heard them.

The beat itself is on Melo-D's Ultimate Snakes & Cheats battlewax.

Word, I've actually got that one and it's on another break record I have too (maybe the DJ Supreme/aLias record?) I was trying to find the original source (if there is one).

here you go:

https://youtu.be/cywYLQqsMNg

Hell yeah, that's it!! Thanks!

you're welcome buddy! ;)

I've been looking for that forever. About 3-4 years ago I actually got really close to finding it. All I could find on youtube was the remixes so I didn't want to take the risk buying the wax without knowing if the original was it. This last round I went looking again but couldn't even figure out how to find the stuff I was digging up in my old search. All I could find was some Apex Twin bullshit. So yeah, props!

I've been looking for that forever. About 3-4 years ago I actually got really close to finding it. All I could find on youtube was the remixes so I didn't want to take the risk buying the wax without knowing if the original was it. This last round I went looking again but couldn't even figure out how to find the stuff I was digging up in my old search. All I could find was some Apex Twin bullshit. So yeah, props!

haha all i did was ask d himself what the original was. so there you have it. ;)

glad i could help. :)

haha all i did was ask d himself what the original was. so there you have it. ;)

Thanks and you can tell Dave I've unbanned him from my forums for now but if he pulls anymore shit it's curtains.

Thanks and you can tell Dave I've unbanned him from my forums for now but if he pulls anymore shit it's curtains.

your forums????

your forums????

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic forums. Dave keeps spamming the place trying to get people to download his "Brony-Pop" mix and showed up a forum-member's house late one night drunk. I know he means well but he's invading other members' safe spaces.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Easy!

I want to resample the vocal stab sample from Boogie Down Productions - South Bronx (the 'h-h-h-h-h-h-hit it' on the intro/chorus ) on an edit I'm working on. Whosampled lists pretty much everything but that sound and it's driving me mad. I'm either after the original track sampled or a clean HQ version of that vocal chop (I imagine it's been on a battle break at some point). Can anyone help? My guess is it's James Brown?

• 1 month later...

Got some uk white labels that i need id,ing so i recorded video snippets on ipad but have got no idea how to post them on here

Anyone ?

Your best bet would probably be to upload them as a single YouTube video and post timestamps so people know where each clip starts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Can anyone I.d. this track ?

I'm trying to help a mate out who wants to buy this record but the label in the video has been covered up secret squirrel style to read 'B.R.T.'

I'm usually pretty good with identifying soul tunes but this one's got me totally stumped .

Steve or Joe maybe ?..

anyone ?

Edit-

The track has been identified and the video deleted.

I've been working on a tune that could possibly use some vocal samples from this record so it's had to quietly disappear hehe.