How to halve/double BPMs quickly in Serato

Steve

I'm sure any Serato users here know this already, but it's worth posting for any n00bs that may read it. I often forget how to do it and have to go and look it up too, lol.

Serato quite often gets the BPM wrong. In my experience, if it does get it wrong it'll usually be double what it should be, but sometimes it's half what it should be. Either way, there's any easy way to fix this.

1. Build your overviews, then go back into the regular view. Make sure that the BPM column is displayed. If it's not, right-click any column header and a list of all available columns will appear and you can put a check mark next to BPM.

2. Now you need to highlight any affected tracks. Highlight ones that either have the BPM doubled, or the BPM halved, but not both at the same time! There's a few ways to do this: -

A. You can do each one individually (not recommended really!).

B. You can hold down Ctrl and then click each affected track to highlight it.

C. You can hold down Shift and then click one track, then another track. That highlights both tracks and all tracks in between.

D. You can press Ctrl + A to highlight all tracks.

3. Once you've highlighted the affected tracks, double-click on the BPM of any one of them. The BPM field for that track will then become editable: -

A. To double the BPM, hold down Alt and press the up arrow on your keyboard.

B. To halve the BPM, hold down Alt and press the down arrow on your keyboard.

Once you've done this, just click away from the BPM field and you'll get a prompt asking if you want to edit the tags for X number of tracks. Say yes and the new BPM info is saved for all of the tracks you highlighted.

This works on a Mac too, but I don't know the key combinations. If someone can post them up I'll edit this post and add them in.