The great banner design contest

doppelkorn

I was wondering if any budding design dude wanted to design me a banner for my blog at absolutely no cost!

That's right! This won't cost you a penny!

The current banner says "bloggy bloggy bloggy".

I'd like the new one to say "You'll know when you hear it" and look cool. It could convey ideas of music, digging, being an amazingly cool DJ but nothing cheesy. Prefereably no graff style stuff - something a bit classier. Possibly incorporating pictures and text - possibly just text, I'll leave that up to you. The size is 240x900 pixelz.

The header of Symatic's blog is a great example - obviously they have the convenient visual tie-in with the lemons...

My blog is

http://youllknowwhen...t.wordpress.com

If nobody fancies this I'm also having a crack using ol' pencil and paper.

I had a thought, you could use a background from one of these posters:

http://toledohiphop.org/images/old_school_source_code/

Maybe one with speakers on either side with the words' you'll know it when you hear it' in the middle in an appropriate typeface.

I'd like to try but i don't have the software, internet and computer to do it at the moment. Could be easily done on the freeshareware program called Gimp (real easy to use!). Could be worth having a go yourself.

I've attached a fizzile, done in paint in about 15 mins at work. Don't have bendy text box so you'll have to imagine it a bit

I know the size isn't right, but you get the idea. And its well rough...

Feel free to spit on your monitor in disgust.

post-506-0-54468600-1327998904.jpg

post-506-0-44457400-1327999056.jpg

Ah yeah well nice idea!

I have GIMP but I need to do some basic tutorials because I literally can't even make marks on the paper with it.

I was thinking about a couple more ideas as well but I'd need someone with a good camera because it requires taking a pic with a very narrow focal point. I lack the vocabulary to describe what I want but I know what it is in my head.

Also I'm not French...why do you ask?

A gap has been stopped. Incidentally Steve, what's the maximum size for sigs these days? All I could find was an old thread saying 520x90 but that's being breached by just about every person on the board right now.