Dubstep idiots have no clue...

Yoshi

i dont follow...

You were saying that in general people can only find idocy in scenes they are not a part of. I joked that the forum tends to openly jokily criticise parts of the turntablist scene. I was refering to the forum when I said 'we'.

i love how people believe that human idiocy only exists in the scenes they arent a part of.

We pretty much all dislike euro-style scratch routines :p

ahahahaha

i dont follow...

You were saying that in general people can only find idocy in scenes they are not a part of. I joked that the forum tends to openly jokily criticise parts of the turntablist scene. I was refering to the forum when I said 'we'.

but wouldnt that be us acknowledging the idiocy in a scene we are a part of... or you guys are a part of. im not really a part of any scenes any more.

my only intent, and without being offensive, was to get someone who feels compelled to generalize and then demean entire demographics to take a step back and reevaluate themselves... and possibly their own scenes, or circles.

while aphex twin is most certainly one of the most significant artists of our times, i find no fault in skrillex fans being ignorant of him and i commend skrillex for trying to expose those kids to him. i only hope that for every twenty kids who dismiss his music for having no drops, one kid finds himself another source of beauty and inspiration. i have to believe that, or i just may cease to believe in music.

i dont follow...

but wouldnt that be us acknowledging the idiocy in a scene we are a part of... or you guys are a part of.

Yes. It was meant as a joke, but in all seriousness as well as criticisng the scene (normally jokingly I must stress) a lot of the guys on here have at some time battled or are currently battling, or have released music in some form and have offered a constructive means of improving a scene, even if they have not done it consciously. It kind of fits in nicely with what you were saying about Skrillex. If someone new to the battle scene who has only really heard the fast euro stuff ends up hearing me cutting over Boddika, for example, and then checks his music out and likes it, then I've helped change the scene ever so minutely. So it can be constructive as well as just keyboard waring. I think my point is is that most people will find things wrong within their own scenes, but in actively contributing to their scene you more often that not providing an influence to others in doing so, whether you know it or not.

I agree with what you're saying about Skrillex. While I can't stand his music, it's well produced and he's doing incredibly well off of it and by sharing good music that has inspired him with his fans is a great thing.

oh, i wasnt arguing your point, man. i was just trying to clarify mine better. i actually agree with you completely. i have no qualms with jokingly criticizing your scene whether youre contributing to it or not. or whether youre joking or not. its the false sense of superiority that people get when they berate and belittle others for having tastes that they feel are less important or significant than their own that annoys me.

Guest petesasqwax

I haven't ever heard Skrillex. I see his name plastered about but not actually got a clue what he sounds like. It's not something I'm very interested in changing though. This type of stuff falls into the "obviously not for me" category I think. Reminds me of Hudsucker Proxy: "Y'know - for kids" - which isn't a slagging off, just a statement of fact

i dont follow...

it's funnier when you have to explain it....