Favourite records you've lost

Chris

Or CDs, tapes, whatever. Off the top of my head three I'm upset I've lost are

2tall - Loose Ends For Divination (CD, borrowed by a friend to play on a university radio station and left there)

Dr Who Dat - Beat Journey (CD, left at a friend's house I never see anymore)

Janet Jackson - Got Til It's Gone (Tape, lost to an indiscriminate childhood clear out)

I definitely wish I'd never gotten rid of all my cassettes - mainly taped off the radio or dubbed from friends but there's a whole bunch of history I'm missing.

I can't think of any records that I've lost, but many years ago I did sell the bulk of my collection and I really regret that.

I let 2ndHand borrow a bunch of tapes which he lost and that pissed me off for a while. I also managed to lose all but one of the tapes that had our scratching on them from back in the 80s. I must have let someone borrow them, but fuck knows who.

I let another friend borrow some of my hip-hop records and he totally fucked them up and managed to lose 2 of them.

Basically, the moral of the story is - don't let anyone borrow your shit!

Mine is actually a digital story. I had all the recordings of all my student radio shows which I somehow lost along the way. The one I really wanted to hear again was the "Live from the Sydney Harbour Bridge" special where we recorded stupid Outback themed jingles and adverts.

Also my Jurassic 5 CDs I lent to somebody who lent them to somebody else and they got lost. I also once thought my best mate had nicked my Licensed II Ill CD but it turned out to be under my bed.

Guest Symatic

Man I lost about 150 records when some one robbed my house. too many to mention but it included Kamakazi Dub by Prince Jammy, the record that got me into records.

I also lost my copy of Worry Beads by DJ Bias, which is really expensive to replace. great album.

My housemate left one of my scratch records lying across the spindle of my deck in the sun and it melted round it. douche.

I used to have doubles of Nude Breaks by Peabird, which was like a breaktionary for 90's hip hop. wish i still had that...

dilated peoples - third degree 12"

when work the angles came out i really loved it and managed to get a copy of the third degree 12" from fat beats when i visited amsterdam. back home i realized that the vinyl was slightly bent. i was a noob so i tried to straighten it out and managed to break it... i was REALLY damn pissed about myself as you might imagine!

I've often thought about the consequences of a burglary on my flat and I'd only be bothered about my records being nicked. Everything else is replaceable but they aren't. I just reckon they won't bother seeing as my records are bloody heavy and they have little resale value.

To cheer you up Chris, here are some facts about The Shoe People:

Legacy

Scientists that cloned dolly the sheep used to watch the shoe people on their lunch break.

Andrew Wiles was working on proving Fermat's Last Theorem. He got really stuck and spent weeks and weeks on a part of it and he got no where. He considered giving up but whilst watching the Shoe People the solution suddenly came to him.

The Galileo probe that orbited Jupiter studying the planet was powered by three televisions playing the shoe people.

The first email ever sent was about the shoe people. It read "It's Trampy's birthday."

The Soviet Union fell because they wanted to watch the shoe people and the west wouldn't let them.

Lost or possibly lent to a friend i cant remember.. an original Brainfreeze CD bought when shadow was sellin them on tour in 2001/2 was it?

at the time it was goin for about 200quid...

never found the bastard...

A minor bit of pop memorabilia I lost: at a Streets gig (DON'T) I went to in about 2001 I bought a lighter with their logo on (cos the logo is a lighter, geddit?) and it fell out of my pocket during the gig due to a hole. I just looked on ebay and there's one on there with 5 bids on at £8.50.

FUCK MY LIFE/LUCK!

Ain't no pictures in that spoiler man. Just facts.

I've lost a lot of scratch records because I left some at my friends house before I left the states. I asked him to drop em all at my crib so my bro can send em to me. When I got the rest of my remaining scratch records I said, "where the fuck are the rest!"