Unpleasant lyrics in tracks

Chris

Going back to KRS. My mate played 'Ah Yeah' last night. We spent the whole track pissing ourselves. What a giant prick, the verse where he says he came as moses and jesus and solomon WOW prick!

Cause the black man is GOD! LOOOOOL!!! Dope tune!

Flying lotus was a big disappointment for me after it being so hyped up. I still need to listen to the album Jon suggested tho. I like Mexicans with Guns... A kinda similar sound but a little more developed IMO.

Flying lotus was a big disappointment for me after it being so hyped up. I still need to listen to the album Jon suggested tho. I like Mexicans with Guns... A kinda similar sound but a little more developed IMO.

All his releases from Reset onwards are amazing imo. Def check out cosmogramma out.

Going back to KRS. My mate played 'Ah Yeah' last night. We spent the whole track pissing ourselves. What a giant prick, the verse where he says he came as moses and jesus and solomon WOW prick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwzFD92Hcb8

Cause the black man is GOD! LOOOOOL!!! Dope tune!

That whole "I'm a teacher" thing got way into KRS's head. He's good and etc., but a lot of his newer work aint that fresh. I like a lot of the BDP stuff and the earlier solo work. But nowadays he seems more like a "one-album-per-year"-deliverer than someone who wants to the raise the bar. Let's hope he releases an album with only Primo beats on it...(isent there a "Return of the Boom Bip" announced?)...

no ones paying attention to the lyrics on a track in a night club. You could be on the mic calling everyone queers.

What do you mean, "could"? Doesn't everyone do that? Perhaps that's why I was never asked to play a second gig at any club/bar I've ever DJed at.

Oh fuck off you gang of poofs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cRC0ToM1I

Why are they C-walking if they bloods?

Common talks so much bullshit. Most of what he says is absolute crap. It's not afrocentrism, it's black emo.

Ahahahahah!

Mos Def had some stuff in his first album that seemed a little anti-white to me. PE's Farrakhan stuff is a little much too. I think a lot of time artists are kinda pandering so they are not viewed as sellouts. but kinda lame.

There B walking!? :$

WTF is this thread about? We all hate black people cause there racist now? Seeing as I have been listening to this stuff for over 20 years its too late for me to start coming out with that now. Also what's wrong with afrocentrism? Who the fuck are you to tell someone what that means to them or that it's bullshit. This thread stinks IMO!

#co-signed

• 1 month later...

eh, thats very different. im sure there are many things in both of their lyrics thats purely confected for their persona... its more shock art than actual expression. not knocking it at all... i dont listen to either of them, but necro's beats are slick and i know he makes them all. hes an artist for sure, but i dont think he lives by everything in his lyrics. i mean, i am assuming since he isnt incarcerated.