Artists/songs/genres you've done a complete u-turn over

Steve

It can either be love --> hate or hate --> love.

A major one for me is Stevie Wonder. When I was in my teens I couldn't stand his music, even though I was into R&B/soul at the time. Now I think he's the G.O.A.T. and I must have been fucking mental to ignore his albums back then.

Another one is prog rock. I used to wind up Dee for listening to music that "sounds like it's off Ridge Racer or some other crappy video game", but now I'm really into it. It's a pretty recent thing too, so I'm surprised how my taste completely changed even though I'm a middle-aged fucker.

Scratching/turntablism has kinda gone the other way. When I was younger I used to buy hip-hop albums solely if the group had a good DJ, cos there would be a chance of hearing some good cutting, but these days I can take it or leave it. I only ever really listen to scratching/scratch music if someone posts a link to a YouTube vid on here.

I used to not really like (but pretended to) the Red Hot Chili Peppers but years later I listened to Frekee Stylee and was blow away. Now I really like everything including and before Mother's Milk.

I used to LOVE NIN, Rage Against the Machine, White Zombie and most of all My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. Now it pretty much does nothing for me.

I also used to love Pearl Jam. I tried to bust out the old disc the other day and was shocked at how slow and boring almost every song was.

Guest Symatic

i used to love to hate 50cent, now i would hate to love him.

i used to knock slayer and stuff like that, but after trying to drum along to their stuff, i learned to respect them. i still cant get into children of bodom, even if they have awesome intro's like "WE'RE FROM FUCKING FINLAND!!!!".

other than that i think i've stood by my favourite artists. or rather my favourite music. i mean, the prodigy arent getting any better are they?

The only stuff I can think of is that I used to love Kid Rock briefly but now I obviously don't. I think this was down to teenage idiocy.

The other one is Muse. I used to really hate them now I think some of their stuff is pretty cool.

I also used to thing Bruce Springsteen was middle of the road dad rock but now I realise he's one of the best songwiters and performers of the 20th century.

man, diggla, tkk was, is, and always will be my favorite band of all time. i dont listen to them even remotely as much as i used to, but i still love them.

i definitely go through phases with music. where im listening to hiphop mostly, or punk mostly, or electornic music mostly, or reggae mostly, but i havent ever done 180s on anything really. the first cassette i ever purchased was metallic "ride the lightning" which is still a killer album. my first cd i ever purchased was red hot chili pepper's "blood sugar sex magik" which is still their best album.

there is one exception, but its not really conscious... once during a particularly fun and joyous acid trip i got it into my head that Korn was a really good band. the following morning i went shopping with my mom and bought that follow the leader album. i listened to it on the way home and still thought it was pretty fucking cool. i was probably still coming down though. fortunately after a few weeks and much grief from friends i stopped listening to it. i never got the desire to listen to them ever again, and i question myself all the time when ever i hear them. however, i still believe that if i were ever to use psychedelics again and if i listened to freak on a leash it might unwillingly all come back to me.

Are we saying a complete u-ey on your taste, or what the artist turned into? I've gone really cold on Musiq in the past few years, but he was one of my favourite late 90s/early 2000s soul artists.

I think when you're out of the throes of genre music and lose the context it can be quite difficult to see what you saw in it; I switch off very quickly when listening to the vast majority of original UK garage nowadays, even though back at the end of the 90s I was hugely into it. I still find the way it was a genetic link for so many styles very interesting and love those blueprint tracks, though.

man, diggla, tkk was, is, and always will be my favorite band of all time. i dont listen to them even remotely as much as i used to, but i still love them.

They are still one of my favorite bands of all time but kinda like NIN the lyrics on some songs are just so teen angst/rebel without a cause. I try not to even listen to them anymore because it mostly isn't as moving as it once was and I'd rather remember them as being badass. Altho, talking about it makes me want to pull it out. That's another of those bands where I'm pretty sure I have everything they ever put out. The hardest to find was Hit & Run Holiday. That album is the one that really I bet i could still listen to and really enjoy. Maybe I'll break out that and Sexplosion and Confessions...

U a Lords of Acid fan too? Revolting Cocks?

I used to hate any jigg rap and rnb, wasn't into neptunes at all but went full circle. And Mattnice made me realise what an awesome tune ignition remix is.

I probably wouldn't be able to cope with happy hardcore now, which loved way back when.

I used to bum Jurassic 5 hard, and I don't hate now, but I'm really indifferent now.

I used to thinnk marlyn manson was shit. But then really, fucking really got into his music. Amazing song writing. Amazing personality.

Turntablism / Scratch music - Used to watch/listen to every single file posted on the net. Watch all the different guys on the net...now I usually stop all files after about 30secs or just skip through em. Unless it's D, then I'll listen to/watch the whole thing.

Country - used to think it was shit, and now think it's pretty awesome (not all of it, but a lot of it).

Yeah...guess that sums about a bit of my love and hate shiittttt.

pee.z

I used to thinnk marlyn manson was shit. But then really, fucking really got into his music. Amazing song writing. Amazing personality.

For reals?

Turntablism / Scratch music - Used to watch/listen to every single file posted on the net. Watch all the different guys on the net...now I usually stop all files after about 30secs or just skip through em. Unless it's D, then I'll listen to/watch the whole thing.

Me too.

Country - used to think it was shit, and now think it's pretty awesome (not all of it, but a lot of it).

I'll have to send you the outlaw country compilation I burned up!

i like some lords of acid songs and theyre really good live, but im not a huge fan. RevCo has some absolute amazing songs and then some songs i wouldnt ever listen to... too early industrial noisey for me. im also into ministry, pigface, and nin. all three i still listen to today, not as much as i used to, but i was listening to broken just the other day.

marilyn manson's portrait of an american family is probably in top 20 albums of all time. errr... maybe top 50. but that album is awesome, even though everything after smells like children was garbage, and marilyn manson is an incredibly cool and intelligent man.

I used to love watching battle routines but now have very little interest in them. I still really enjoy making my own though :)

I used to hate the idea of house but now I play a lot of 130bpm music in my sets. I think that's more due to me finding house music I like though, as I still hate 95% of house music.

I also used to like mainstream metal/nu metal when I was younger, and can't stand it now!

I used to be a massive Esoteric fan. I used to listen to his first release, Speaking Real Words EP, all the time. He was definitely one of the best battle MCs. But now, he's releasing all these nerdy toy/comics-themed shit that is so far from his raw punchlines.

I think CunninLynguists's lyrics are getting more mediocre lately. The production is sounding more emo too.

You all my hate me for this but I used to hate "swag" music, now I'm really starting to like it. Even the type of shit they wear, if I was able to afford it I'd probably dress like that. I know yall can't hate on the clothing because I know you guys dress like that already.