Battlefield 3

Guest broke

Picked up the full version yesterday and went straight for the multiplayer... I only played for a little while, but I did manage to:

1. Fly a jet out of bounds and die.

2. Work out how to control the jet but then couldn't really find anything to shoot with it. Decided to crash it into the objective instead.

3. Crash a chopper into a wharf, killing everyone on board.

4. Catch wreck with tanks. Just smashing fools.

5. Come out of those few games with an even 1.00 k/d.

They definitely patched everything from the beta, but I noticed a few things they still need to work on.

The best thing, though, the thing I always wanted CoD to have, is that in BF3 you can brose servers with filters on, so you can specify game type, map, all sorts of combinations... big win.

I'm playing as Broke-1 so feel free to add me.

Peas

Errr... I WAS thinking about getting this game... This is the umpteenth horror story I've heard.

http://i.imgur.com/UGK8A.png

I think that's a PC user. I play on PS3 so I don't need an Origin account, whatever that is.

I'm finding the campaign to be the most frustrating abysmal piece of shit ever. Either I am not getting it or it really is that shit.

I'm playing on Hard and it is a bit frustrating. At first I was a bit disappointed with the campaign, but after a few more missions I'm getting into it. I think they concentrated too hard on the atmosphere and look of the campaign and didn't focus enough on the gameplay. MW3's campaign will be the better of the two I think.

Just played my first multiplayer and literally had no fucking clue what I was doing! Also, every time I tried to melee someone it didn't do shit.

The multiplayer gets better as you level up. The melee is pretty much useless unless you come up behind someone and do it, then it's fucking epic.

What I did was stick to the infantry servers until I'd levelled up and got more familiar with the maps, which are huge. I mean, I've played a lot of BF3 since it came out and there are buildings or even areas that I haven't even been in yet. Once you're a bit more comfortable try the full games with vehicles.

It's a game that requires a bit more patience than CoD. You can't really run 'n' gun because I think they were trying to make it more realistic.

But as a hardened vet of CoD, I have to say BF3 is the most fun game I have ever played. So many great moments... flying a chopper while your teamates man the guns out the side then all bailing out together when you get hit, then parachuting and regrouping, then ambushing a tank, stealing it, driving through walls and blowing the shit out of campers... it's just massive.

it really helps to have a mic, so next time you're on mic up and we'll try to get a squad together.

pz

I saw this running on a high end PC over the weekend. It looks incredible. The console versions look alright, but I have never seen a better looking game than the PC version of this. It almost made me want to start saving to build a new machine, haha.

The multiplayer is nuts. So big and mental. I love seeing choppers and planes blowing up overhead! I feel like I am getting into it now, though I expect to be shit for a few hours more yet. Did seem to be a lot of people just sticking to Engineer class and shooting rocket launchers though in a couple of games. Do I need to do anything to the settings in the game to get my mic working? I didn't hear anyone talking anything, and I never know if the fucker is working.

Kinda pathetic, but I probably will not get this solely b/c it doesn't have the same control setup as COD and I hate learning new controls even if it's just a tiny bit different.

The multiplayer is nuts. So big and mental. I love seeing choppers and planes blowing up overhead! I feel like I am getting into it now, though I expect to be shit for a few hours more yet. Did seem to be a lot of people just sticking to Engineer class and shooting rocket launchers though in a couple of games. Do I need to do anything to the settings in the game to get my mic working? I didn't hear anyone talking anything, and I never know if the fucker is working.

Go into the squads menu during a match and down the bottom you'll find the audio setting, which you can set to 'team', 'squad' or 'off'. Unfortuantely you can't mute individual players like in CoD.

That said, there is a problem with the VoIP and squads. It's the number one issue that everyone on consoles is having right now and something that DICE said they're fixing ASAP. Yet another reason why companies like EA and Activision shouldn't rush their developers into releasing something that isn't completely bug free.

Kinda pathetic, but I probably will not get this solely b/c it doesn't have the same control setup as COD and I hate learning new controls even if it's just a tiny bit different.

I was worried about that too, but it's fine, trust me. The only real difference is that on default, the crouch/prone button is where the melee button is in CoD. It's what CoD call tactical layout. in fact, when I went back to Black Ops after the BF3 beta went offline, I switched to tactical and mastered the dropshot. Besides, knifing is for close quarters rushing, which isn't an easy thing to do on BF3. It's much more usful to be able to duck behind cover, although that cover doesn't last long because of the destruction aspect of the game.

Seriously, don't let a couple of buttons difference put you off getting what I think is the greatest shooter of all time.