Overpriced bullshit "collector's" vinyl

doppelkorn

You don't understand half of what I go through to make this site what it is. It's all behind the scenes stuff. Very, very draining.

Anyway it's all part of a sustained and unprovoked cyber-bullying campaign by certain members of this site against me. I've alerted the inventor of the internet Dame Stephen Fry who's going to come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

If I like a record I'll pay whatever it takes to own it. The most expensive I've bought is the Cenobites EP on one leg up records. Limited to 300 copies I payed £65 for it. I have to say it was a fucking good buy check this out,

You might have noticed from previous posts that I quite like vinyl though. I don't have a massive collection for me its aboot quality over quantity!

Never listen to Steve, you can trust a man who'd like to shag Chris Rock!

Never listen to Steve, you can trust a man who'd like to shag Chris Rock!

But should you trust a man that gets "can" and "can't" confused? :p

Hahah hahahha ahahhaha! I swear you're changing all my posts. That's cheating you prick! :((

• Like 1

Most vinyl releases on smaller labels seem to be 'limited releases' these days, but I imagine they only press limited pressings so they ensure they sell out and break even. It also ensures people buy the product as they know they'll sell out quickly.

I read on twitter this morning that more vinyl has been sold 40% in the UK this year than 2010 and is at a six year high at 240,000 units nationwide. This still seems pretty small to me, and I imagine a lot of new releases are limited because they don't expect to sell huge numbers.

You can read the article those figures are from here: http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1047080

I'm a big Pantera fan dopp, and i'm afraid to say they are rebel flag bearing southern madmen & pretty homophobic too.

i assume the album is Cowboys from hell|? its brilliant.

you want over priced collectors bullshit, just try and be a stones throw collector. my mate is and he knows how much they take the fuckin piss out of you.everything is limited & theres a boxset or somethin ridiculous every month. but he can't say no... and he runs the shop so i suppose he gets it at a discount. he actually has almost everything they've ever released, i think except 2 things which he doesn't like...

it always surprised me how expensive certain metal records are, but i think its because metal fans are the biggest collectors of every genre. if you like a band, you have fuckin everything...

I want all their MF Doom boxsets :(

Pantera rocks! They knew how to play hard ass metal, I've seen em live at least 5 times and they blow up the show every time. So yeah, I love em. And I'd love to have more of em on wax, the only one I have of theirs on wax is Planet Caravan 12", which I love. I paid a pretty penny for that release too, had it shipped overseas, but sometimes that's what you gotta do when you are a fan if you really must have their shit on wax.

By the way, most really great musicians have fucked up political views, the better they are, the more fucked up in the head they are, it's a proportional thing.

But back to the subject, I'll admit, I'm kind of a sucker for over priced heavy pressed vinyl especially when it comes to great rock from that time period, a lot of it is hard to find and overpriced because very few of those records got pressed on wax. The record people realized this and see the current demand nowadays and deluxe press it up for the people who missed the first round. I think that's great, now I can get my hands on albums I have heard a thousand times on CD on it's proper format, heavy, rich sounding, records.

I just coughed up 80 bucks for this deluxe 4LP treatment, and I can't WAIT to get this in the mail.

For the 20th anniversary of Nevermind's release, Universal presents the picture disc 4 x LP edition of the landmark album. Individually numbered and limited to 1991 copies only worldwide, the release includes the remastered version of the original album as well as takes from The Smart Studio Sessions, The Boombox Rehearsals, and BBC Sessions - many of which were previously unreleased.

Nirvana - Nevermind 4LP

Most vinyl releases on smaller labels seem to be 'limited releases' these days, but I imagine they only press limited pressings so they ensure they sell out and break even.

One example where they did artificially limit the numbers just to jack up the price is Rakim's "The Cellar EP". It was limited to 300 and sold for $80 plus shipping, but it sold out almost straight away after going on sale. It wasn't really an EP either as it only had 3 tracks on it.

I don't mind choosing to pay a higher price, but I don't like it when it's the only option. I bought that L.L. Cool J test pressing signed by K-Def for $100 when I could have bought a standard unsigned copy for $20, but at least they offered the $20 version as well.

It happened with Mayer Hawthorne's Just Ain't gonna work out where it was originally supposed to be limited to 1000....

it was only 12euro which i suppose ain't that bad..

We sold out of them, i bought 2, then all of a sudden we kept getting more and more in, i heard they sold at least 10,000 of them....

jon, my mate literally has everything stones throw have ever released bar 2 records, every boxset included...

he is also a dilla collector and i think he has nearly everythin he ever produced, included a frozen stool sample...

Lol at Wax for "aboot"!

Dopp - will u up cowboys for me? Never really listened to any Pantera. Do u like Buckethead?

Almost everyband is homophobic. So who cares. Also why does confederate imagery automatically mean they're racist?

Side note: Most likely the flag ur referring to is the stars and bars which is not actually the confederate flag but is more often than not mistaken as.

Dictionary.com also says Debatable

I'm always looking out for you Bro Derek

Wow that'd b a great DJ name!

Dopp--u heard of the Independents? Ska/punk band discovered/managed by one of the Ramones.

Almost every straight MC in Hip Hop is homophobic, you gonna boycott every decent song because of their offensive language?

As a straight man who listens to a lot of Hip Hop I can tell you honestly that I am only phobic of one gay man.

..and that's this guy.

Let it be known I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, I saw this on Good Morning America and I was genuinely frightened.

i paid $44 (includes shipping) for a japanese import of "pepper" because rabid vinyl monks hate all new technology and refused to use software. just kidding.

Also why does confederate imagery automatically mean they're racist?

Side note: Most likely the flag ur referring to is the stars and bars which is not actually the confederate flag but is more often than not mistaken as.

I don't associate the "stars and bars", or Confederate imagery, with racism.... I associate it with state's rights issues. I understand that/how some folks do make this association....but, I believe the issue to be much more complex than this.

Also why does confederate imagery automatically mean they're racist?

I don't associate the "stars and bars", or Confederate imagery, with racism.... I associate it with state's rights issues. I understand that/how some folks do make this association....but, I believe the issue to be much more complex than this.

That basically sums up my opinion too. Slavery was the underpinning but not the reason which seems to be both mistaught and misunderstood... I figure it's easier to glaze over something with a black-and-white blanket half-truth than to teach the complexity of the reality... kinda like the Pearl Harbor attack that we were talking about in a different post.

EDIT: I am surprised a little (but probably shouldn't be) that you see it in the bigger picture.