New features/settings that you may not have noticed

Steve

If you move your mouse over someone's post, an X will appear on the right hand side of the signature area. If you click that, you can choose to either hide just that person's signature or hide all signatures.

If you're looking at the list of topics in a particular section, if you hover the mouse over one, an arrow in a circle will appear to the right of the topic title. Click that and you can see a preview of the topic with just the first couple of posts.

Hover the mouse pointer over someone's name in a post or on the forum index view and a pop up will appear showing a mini profile. This doesn't work everywhere - the online user list at the bottom of the forum for instance.

When you get a new private message, the default setting is that the envelope in the top right of the screen turns red and you receive an email. You no longer get the pop-up window that you used to get on the previous version of the board, but if you want that back, go into My Settings - Notification Options then check the box next to "Show inline pop-up when I have new personal messages (latest will be shown)" and hit Save Changes.

If you want to opt out of receiving email from DV, such as the occasional DV newsletters that get sent out, go into My Settings - Notification Options and uncheck the box next to "Send me any updates sent by the community administrator" and hit Save Changes. I'd rather you don't do this as we obviously don't give your email address out to anyone and we only send out occasional emails that we think you might find interesting, but if you want to opt out, that's fine.

Certain member groups can attach files to posts in certain areas of the forums, but you only have limited space for this. You can manage attachments by going to My Settings - Manage Attachments. From there you can check off any that you want to delete and remove them. Also, when you're making a post, you can hit the My Media button in the toolbar and choose any attachment(s) from all of the ones you've previously uploaded to insert into that post.

If you want to hide the Shoutbox on the main forum, click the Shoutbox tab at the top, then click My Prefs and you can change the setting there. You'll still be able to use the Shoutbox, but only if you click on the Shoutbox tab.