Bohemian Rhapsody

Steve

I was 11 in 1984.

Back then Queen's Greatest Hits was a popular album.

In fact, if you left a tape lying around for long enough, it would turn into Queen's Greatest Hits.

My dad used to play it in the car, so I was au feit with all the words of Bohemian Rhapsody. And "Fat Bottomed Girls" . . . .

Writing spectrum games?!?! lol

Yes. We used to type in the listings out of magazines. It was from that, that I got started as a programmer.

Yeah man! We wrote some top class Spectrum games.

We wrote a game called Barrel Jumper. You used to have to save the games on regular cassette tapes. For some reason, my tape recorder was a bit fucked and when you plugged the lead in that you needed for saving the games, it wouldn't completely cut out the external mic. I said to Grae, "you have to be quiet while it's saving or it'll mess it up" and he didn't believe me so he shouted into the mic while it was saving, which of course completely fucked it. :d

Oh, and when I say "we wrote a game", we entered in some code that we came up with, but the game never worked.

We were born at the best time!

I remember the beginning of hip-hop, the first ever DMC battle, the first ever scratching, the first home computers and video games, when BMXing first started etc. and 80s pop music is >>>>> pop music now.

What are your memories going to be? Dubstep and "I remember when D-Styles invented the boomerang"? Bloody whipper snappers!