Removing a crease line from a scanned photo?

Steve

I'm trying to restore an old photo for a family friend. It's for someone that's dying of cancer, sadly, so I'd like to do the best job I can for her.

The photo has a crease mark running from top to bottom at a slight diagonal. It's spoiling my otherwise pretty decent scan and I'd like to be able to hide the line the best I can.

Does anyone know a way to do this with Photoshop or similar? Even better, is anyone here a Photoshop wizard and could do this for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gents.

Guest Symatic

I'm trying to restore an old photo for a family friend. It's for someone that's dying of cancer, sadly, so I'd like to do the best job I can for her.

The photo has a crease mark running from top to bottom at a slight diagonal. It's spoiling my otherwise pretty decent scan and I'd like to be able to hide the line the best I can.

Does anyone know a way to do this with Photoshop or similar? Even better, is anyone here a Photoshop wizard and could do this for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks gents.

I'll take a look, ill pm you my email

Edited by Symatic

Guest Symatic

Chris has sorted this now, Symatic, so if you haven't already done it, there's no need to bother, but thanks very much for the offer.

sheeeit, just finished! no worries!

Guest Symatic

I would say send it to me, but Chris did such a good job that you'd never tell that there was a crease line there. Thanks a lot for doing it for me though mate.

no problem, by the way, i was using paint.netcos im not on my home computer, and it's a free version of photoshop which can do most of the things photoshop can, its just clunky and ugly.