Mass Effect 2

Deft

I had Mass Effect 2 (PS3) sitting around for a while, but only just started playing it last weekend. Took a few hours to get into it but although I've now done 15 hours or so I don't feel like I have even scratched the surface. The last "RPG" type game I played was probably Zelda or something along those lines so didn't realise what it meant nowadays. The 3rd person shooting stuff in it is really slick and the subtlety of the dialogue system and choices etc. is really good - would definitely make me replay it already. It's amazing how much effort has gone in and even doing silly things like flirting with the staff on the ship etc. just works really well, body language etc. Definitely a good way to kill lots of hours. Getting used to all the story, characters, races, technology is a bit bewildering to me as a total newcomer to the series but it's not been too bad getting upto speed.

PSN down means I didn't get the free DLC, which seems like I missed out getting the proper backstory and character forming choices. Finished a mission last night with a autistic twin / cyborg or something and the final boss section went into a mad tron / digital overlay which was BAD BWOY.

with regards to adventure games with some shooting, jump and run stuff combined with a sound story, I still haven't got over my gaming experience of Uncharted 2. I just can't wait to play 3.

Gonna check out Mass Effect 2 tho, considering your so pleased.

Hugs

O.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the mass effect series, I have beaten ME1 about 25 times and ME2 about 10. The first one I feel did a better job of pulling you into the story, and was relatively solid in everything else. Mass effect 2 didn't quite have the same pull-in factor, but everything else about the gameplay was done amazingly well and I thought they did a good job of making improvements to the already solid play of the first one. Absolutely cannot wait for ME3.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished ME2. Clocked in at 53 hours total :wacko:

One of my crew died though (Legion - I didn't do the loyalty misson before I got sucked into the end-game). Nevermind eh, stupid robot. Might start a whole new game from scratch and let them all die or something. Will definitely get ME3 next year.

53 hours isn't bad for a first play-through, I put about 120 hours into FFX getting all the final weapons and whatnot(about 15 of those hours were that damn chocobo race, the day I finally got it I threw a fucking party).

I love the Mass Effect series as well. Finished both games on PC. I actually liked the first game better. It's not as polished and streamlined as ME2, but it just had a better atmosphere I think, and more RPG elements which I really liked. I also loved exploring planets in the Mako and I don't understand why they got rid of that in ME2 and replaced it with the planet scanning which I thought was incredibly boring.

Can't wait for ME3!

• 1 year later...

I thought I would dig this thread up seeing as I have had a few days off work and finally got around to playing Mass Effect 3. Just finished it, that's 40 hours of my life I won't get back. I'd heard mumblings about crappy ending(s) but I didn't mind it so much. I was more disappointed that my female Shepard couldn't just live happily ever after with her foxy, Oxford educated lesbian life partner Traynor.