Bulk Email Software

d00ban

Does any one here have to send mass emails out to customers etc? I've been tasked with finding a decent programme so we can email all our customers at work, I thought I'd cheat and ask here first :p

Basically the requirements are;

- Reasonable pricing

- Can upload CSV of email lists

- SECURITY OF DATA = reputable company

- Personalized delivery ( from support@blahblah.co.uk to john.smith@blahblah.co.uk with opportunity to address the customer by first name with placeholders)

- Analytics: Open rate (this will help define the value of bulk emails) / Delivery – bounceback tracking (this will help CS when customers claim they never received an email)

- Send to at least 2000 people at once without any issues.

Random question I know - but fuck it!

Thanks if you have any suggestions.

ooo that was sexy, sorry I was being a bit shy...I can see it being the start of a Gavin & Stacy style relationship (being welsh I guess I get to be Stacy).

If you do think of going with this give us a call back though here cos I've just spoken to the guys and are talking about offering you some sort of deal for being a superstar DJ (i.e give you a better price that what is listed on the site) ;)

http://www.marketmailer.co.uk/

I am in no way affiliated with this service.

That may actually be a complete lie.

Phone and ask to speak to Tom, I know fuck all about the service but we can have a friendly chat.

Stay away from this one Doob I heard it was shit. Its like the Doppelkorn of the email software world

WHAT THE FUCK. That's a sucker punch.

You could quite quickly knock up some perl scripts to do the job. It wouldn't take long, there's likely to be modules to do exactly what you need and you'd have full control over everything. Bet it could be done in 50 lines of code or less. Hell, if you're looking at paying a small fee to do it, I might even be able to find time to put something together.

You could quite quickly knock up some perl scripts to do the job. It wouldn't take long, there's likely to be modules to do exactly what you need and you'd have full control over everything. Bet it could be done in 50 lines of code or less. Hell, if you're looking at paying a small fee to do it, I might even be able to find time to put something together.

What you need to be careful of here is once a server starts to send out large quantities of similar emails it doesn't take long for them to end up on automatic SPAM blacklists, its certainly possible but depending on the volume & frequency it could backfire.

One other point...for the love of god don't write anything in perl...php, python, c/c++, bash shell script, anything but perl.

What you need to be careful of here is once a server starts to send out large quantities of similar emails it doesn't take long for them to end up on automatic SPAM blacklists, its certainly possible but depending on the volume & frequency it could backfire.

One other point...for the love of god don't write anything in perl...php, python, c/c++, bash shell script, anything but perl.

For me, perl>>all else. If you just want to get a job done, nothing comes close -i.e. simple jobs that would take me hours in c. Off topic, though.

For me, perl>>all else. If you just want to get a job done, nothing comes close -i.e. simple jobs that would take me hours in c. Off topic, though.

Perl vs c...fair point.

Perl vs php/python...perl = retarded