MixMasterMike

ericuk

Never really liked his style and thought he was sloppy and messy.

I Always thought he was out of place to stand next to the likes of Qbert etc.

Anyone else agree or am I bang out of order?

I think it's hard to compare him to Qbert. Nobody is like him, that's for sure. And he is sloppy--especially by todays standards. He's legit tho. But I don't really like listening to him b/c he is so hard and rough sounding... like the punk rock of turntablism.

He sure can rock a crowd and that's got to be the thing that matters, but I just don't find his style entertaining.

maybe I'm being a bit anal about the whole thing.

Maybe I'm stuck in an era, but give me a set of P-Trix or Babu beat juggling over MMM any day of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get it twisted. This guys style is a bit mental but technically what he is trying to do particularly with stabs and drum cutting and the like is still ground breaking if you analyse it. There are patterns and cuts that only he and maybe shorkut can do with stabs and scribbles....it depends what your in to I suppose!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guys style is a bit mental but technically what he is trying to do particularly with stabs and drum cutting and the like is still ground breaking if you analyse it. There are patterns and cuts that only he and maybe shorkut can do with stabs and scribbles....it depends what your in to I suppose!

i agree, studied his audio durmming back in then cos his sounded the dopest. videos of it finally popped up in the early 2000s, which i tried to bite. i finally caught on that his drumming (skratchcon videos), the sample started with a snare, then kick, snare again. it made since cos i used drum patterns beginning with kicks all the time. what made it more interesting is that hes was the only one who did drumming with a snare beginning back in the days. thats why it sounded different from everyone elses drummoing

Edited by Kian

Never really liked his style and thought he was sloppy and messy.

I Always thought he was out of place

what? so he never performs drunk and live. after all these years...