My Album - On A Columbo Tip ..out now!

Mike-L

Shite, I bought the wrong thing. On the page at the first link it says "Digital Album" so I bought that, but that's just the single. I was in a rush to go and play Black Ops, so I didn't read the entire page. :d

Any way of sorting this, Mike? I want the album, but it contains the 3 tracks I've already bought. I'll pay the difference, no bother, but I don't want to pay again for the same tracks.

Thanks for the support guys , its really appreciated!

Steve, thanks man, glad you like it! Yeah I should be able to sort something out, the guys that run the label do the bandcamp page so ill get in touch with them. Are you just after files or a CD/Vinyl as well?

I'm just after the album in FLAC format mate. Cheers!

no problem! if you email aly@firstwordrecords.com he'll sort you out.

About bloody time!

Tell me about it! One good thing that came from the album been delayed by other people, was that it made me feel not so bad for taking ages to finish it!

Are you Dextrous from Grimsby by the way?

No worries!

I'm a fan of this kind of music distribution, cos it means I can get the exact format I want without being raped in the wallet just because I want lossless files.

The album is excellent. If I was still DJing gigs, I'd be playing some of these tunes out. Best of luck with it man.

No worries!

I'm a fan of this kind of music distribution, cos it means I can get the exact format I want without being raped in the wallet just because I want lossless files.

i have my beatport account set up for wav file downloads, i usually just get single tracks from them. I put one of those madlib beat conducter albums with loads of short tracks in my cart ,and realised in the nick of time that they were gonna charge me £63.. ... for wav file handling fees for each and every track!

I'm just after the album in FLAC format mate. Cheers!

no problem! if you email aly@firstwordrecords.com he'll sort you out.

About bloody time!

Tell me about it! One good thing that came from the album been delayed by other people, was that it made me feel not so bad for taking ages to finish it!

Are you Dextrous from Grimsby by the way?

Yeah it's me, Joe.

Yeah it's me, Joe.

nah not that dextrous from Grimsby the other one........................ :((

hows it going joe? you still at leeds met? I think i saw you this summer on our annual crossing of paths didnt I ?.... those summer schools all blur into one after a while!

If your around on the 11th December im doing a live show at the elbow rooms as a launch party for the album. come down if you can make it!

Edited by Mike-L

Just had a listen through the album

You can hear the care and time thats gone into this, everything's smooth as butter and no artefacts from rushing things through the mpc or anything - everything's perfectly chopped. you've got your production techniques nailed!

In terms of the sound it reminds me of old ninja/grand central like Chocolate Weasel/Mr Scruff and bits of Shadow/Fingathing/Rae & Christian

I think if this had come out in the early 2000s i'd be crazy about it, cos it easily competes with the stuff of that era/genre, but my tastes have changed quite a bit since then. Don't know enough about whats coming out of that scene these days to comment in that respect...

Big ups!