Winning DMC World Championships of the past?

Steve

If you could go back to any DMC final with the skills you have now (and assuming you could perform just as well on those janky old mixers), what's the most recent final you think you could have a chance of winning? I'm no battle DJ, but I reckon I could beat Cheese in 86 with some basic juggling and better scratching, and likewise for Chad in 87, but after that I'd be fucked.

ooh good topic. I can''t do any of the old school body tricks nor any of the crazy juggles of the late 90s. Maybe the same as you Steve, don't think I'd get past Cash Money! I'm trying to picture one of the recent winners like fly or rafik going into the chad jackson year and doing their recent sets, people wouldn't know what to think it'd be insanely Nx3T

I would probably gamble and go the year before Cheese so my "crazy scratching gimick" would be new and fresh and hopefully the world would be ready for this brand new sound.

being serious though, i think in my current form i would struggle with the cheese era. i think i have lost all my coordination. im actually strugling to combine the most basic of scratches without mentally and phsicaly pausing between them. If I had a week or so to get back into it, it dont think it would be so bad, but now im a lost cause. I dont think i could beat mj fox at the moment