Itunes help

texas pete

Easy now!

After a long break from music and what not I ended up dragging my shit round to a mates house and some rather strong shit we recorded some music in a post munchie experiment!

Anyway to cut a long story short, Im organising my itunes library (properly)but I cant make compilation albums. when i drag an album by a single group it works fine, but with various artists, it makes 12 seperate albums.

Anyone know how to drag and drop comilations (usually wrongly labled cos downloaded) into a single album ?

you have to either 1) order your itunes by albums or 2)order itunes by albums, find the compilation album you want, then rename the artist to various or the album title (something you'll remember) then put the artist names in the tracks. that way when you list by artist all the album tracks will be together. hope that makes sense.

3) you could make a seperate playlist just for the album, but that's a bit of a pain in the arse

Im not quite sure what you mean...

What I wanbt is so that when you click on the album view (so it shows you all the album covers in a grid) i have all the CD's and covers arranged nicely. For some reason when I drop a compilation album into this view, it makes a new album for every artist. I have checked that the album i have is labled correctly (so that the album name is the same in every song) but this hasnt helped.

It just seems to be pot luck to get it to work (hip hop dont stop worked perfectly, but its the only one)

Is there a tick box or something simple im missing?

Yes, Select all the songs from the album you want to make into a comp then right click and choose "get info" then on the options tab tick "part of compilation" and make sure it set to yes

Yes, Select all the songs from the album you want to make into a comp then right click and choose "get info" then on the options tab tick "part of compilation" and make sure it set to yes

Ahh yes!

Cheers!

Its nesteled neatly between skip album while shuffling and the album volume boost options... who thought to put it there?!