download accelerator

2ndhand

i use download accelerator (DAP)

its real good.

however, as most free stuff, it's constantly badgering me to pay for it.

if it do pay for it, is the pro version any different to the free one?

is it worth the money?

or does it just remove the ads. (they don't bother me anyway)

Just get the crack for it. Don't pay! It removes the ads (which you can do with Spybot anyway) and also you can minimise the download windows to the system tray. The most recent version of DAP is really good. It lets you preview files before they're finished. It's still dodgy cos it reports every file you download back to the DAP central server. That's why Adaware classes DAP as spyware. I still use it though cos I queue up loads of downloads and then download them all when I'm away from the PC.

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/1894...0.1-rar.torrent

I've tried several and not found one. I like the fact you can preview files cos sometimes you'll discover you're wasting your download time and abort it. I also like the fact you can schedule downloads and setup folders for different files types to go into automatically. In fact, there is nothing I don't like about it apart from the fact it reports what I'm downloading back to Speedbit. I couldn't really give a fuck about that though. You can block the port in your firewall if you care about that anyway.

Mozilla firefox has its own download manager. You can pause downloads and queue them up ;)

Yeah that's true. The thing about an accelerator as opposed to a manager though is if you have a super slow server, you can connect multiple times to speed up the download. If the server is only delivering 10Kbps you can connect up to 8 times with DAP and although this doesn't give you 80Kbps as you might expect, it certainly increases the speed considerably.

When I had dial up, I used to set DAP to dial the Internet when I was out or asleep, download files and then shutdown my computer when they were complete. I also like the fact you can download all the files on one page with a single click. Also, DAP searches for mirror sites offering the same download and will pick the fastest to connect to.