Manual Vs. Automatic beatmatching?

Steve

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• Manual beatmatching is the only way to go!
    • Automatic beatmatching is the future!

i was being torn a new hoop by every other cunt 2 years ago? Thanks for the support STEVE!!!

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d

torn a new hoop = genius!

'Hoop' isn't mine I stole that from Ryan!

BTW this board is not as good without BR, Ryan, Lase, Chris and more mattnice! WTF everyone W.T.F.

BTW this board is not as good without BR, Ryan, Lase, Chris and more mattnice! WTF everyone W.T.F.

You can't say that. Change is good! Embrace it! ;)

Funnily enough, this site took a turn for the worse about the time that you joined.

Before foly: -

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8850/92192216.jpg

After foly: -

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/398/71149019.jpg

I like to play with music in any fashion. Neither is the past and neither is the future. As time passes humans create more options. This is true in everything. When it comes down to it nobody cares what you're doing. It's all about hype,image and how it sounds. If it sounds good, and it feels good FTW do it!

Embrace the new. Embrace the past.

i was being torn a new hoop by every other cunt 2 years ago? Thanks for the support STEVE!!!

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d

torn a new hoop = genius!

'Hoop' isn't mine I stole that from Ryan!

where are they?? they all on holiday together? what do you want from us foly? want me to try and pretend to be one of them?

You can't say that. Change is good! Embrace it! ;)

Funnily enough, this site took a turn for the worse about the time that you joined.

Before foly: -

After foly: -

Hmmmmmm I really should leave!

I don't agree that it's just nostalgia. I listened to hip hop pretty much daily since 1983 and I did so for over 20 years, but now I hardly listen to it at all and if I do, it's rarely anything that came out recently. I don't think it's me that's changed.

I mod the hip hop section on DJ Forums, which is the biggest noobest DJ forum on the web. People spend more time posting up shit new songs to take the piss out of them than they do posting up new tracks that they think are great, and that's not older folks taking the piss out of Crank Dat or Stanky Leg. The irony is, the people that are ripping these tunes to shreds are out every weekend playing them in a club, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to get any work. Fuck that. It seems to me that people see a lot of this music as throwaway, so fuck knows what people are going to consider classics in 20 year's time.

Again, your kinda proving my point for me... singling out a few of the crap records everyone complains about... all stuff that will be forgotten over time or only remembered for the unintended humor of it... just like a lot 80s shit.

Lots of good modern hiphop out there: Outkast, Luda, 50, Amon Tobin, MF DOOM/Madvillian/Madlib, Common, Deltron, Talib, Jay Z, The Roots, Kaye, Blackalicious, Dilla, J5, Slum Village, UGK, Cool Kids, Beasties, Lil Wayne, etc etc etc... just the tip of the iceberg... Those people made some of the best hiphop albums ever--some of their careers started in the 90s, but all had banging albums in the last 10 yrs... Of course there is the occasional Solja Boy or crap amateur video, but I'd rather listen to any of those artists over Ice-T in the 80s or some boring ass Marley Marl beat.

Anyways,,, we are well off topic now, but just had to say, you are either not looking or prejudging if you cant find good stuff after 1999... just sayin'

I don't agree that it's just nostalgia. I listened to hip hop pretty much daily since 1983 and I did so for over 20 years, but now I hardly listen to it at all and if I do, it's rarely anything that came out recently. I don't think it's me that's changed.

I mod the hip hop section on DJ Forums, which is the biggest noobest DJ forum on the web. People spend more time posting up shit new songs to take the piss out of them than they do posting up new tracks that they think are great, and that's not older folks taking the piss out of Crank Dat or Stanky Leg. The irony is, the people that are ripping these tunes to shreds are out every weekend playing them in a club, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to get any work. Fuck that. It seems to me that people see a lot of this music as throwaway, so fuck knows what people are going to consider classics in 20 year's time.

Again, your kinda proving my point for me... singling out a few of the crap records everyone complains about... all stuff that will be forgotten over time or only remembered for the unintended humor of it... just like a lot 80s shit.

Lots of good modern hiphop out there: Outkast, Luda, 50, Amon Tobin, MF DOOM/Madvillian/Madlib, Common, Deltron, Talib, Jay Z, The Roots, Kaye, Blackalicious, Dilla, J5, Slum Village, UGK, Cool Kids, Beasties, Lil Wayne, etc etc etc... just the tip of the iceberg... Those people made some of the best hiphop albums ever--some of their careers started in the 90s, but all had banging albums in the last 10 yrs... Of course there is the occasional Solja Boy or crap amateur video, but I'd rather listen to any of those artists over Ice-T in the 80s or some boring ass Marley Marl beat.

Anyways,,, we are well off topic now, but just had to say, you are either not looking or prejudging if you cant find good stuff after 1999... just sayin'

Since when was Amon Tobin considered hiphop? :p

but I'd rather listen to (cool kids, lil wayne,Deltron or 50 cent!!!!!) over Ice-T in the 80s or some boring ass??? Marley Marl beat.

I JUST dont know what to say :wacko:

^^oh, so I'm the only one that thinks most of those beats were a snore-fest, huh?

yeh as i've said before serato is for cunts!

i agree with ya joe.

Fuck that! If it wasn't for serato the Swiss woulda won WWII!

It's not that the beats are "exciting". It's that they provide an amazing base for rappers to expressively rap over. Now the beat leads it while the rappers slur-sing-draaaaawl theyselves over the unsubtle as hell music.

manual of course. if you can't beat match in under a minute, there's something wrong with u

i would say in under 5 sec to get it 95% right. then fine tune for about 20sec. With d%b its to easy

^ This

I learnt to piutch match over 15 uyears ago on a soundlab dms15 micxer, no option of hearing pre-mix in te headphones, no option of hearing gain changes in headphones...qpeople these days are spoilt lazy and shit

^^oh, so I'm the only one that thinks most of those beats were a snore-fest, huh?

yeh as i've said before serato is for cunts!

i agree with ya joe.

Fuck that! If it wasn't for serato the Swiss woulda won WWII! :unsure: :(( :d :d