CHOOSE YOUR SMILIES -- PLEASE READ.

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

I can't Rick, they have backgrounds which are the same colour as the old DV board (so they LOOK like there's no backgrounds, but there really is), and the point here is to have a set that work in any skin (they are suprisingly hard to find). I agree that the old DV ones are good, they're the regular MSN ones which we modified, but they won't work here. These ones I just posted are about the nearest thing you will ever find on the net anywhere. I know it's a small point, but the Yahoo ones we have now look so cheap, I see them all over shitty boards that no one visits, cookery boards, boards about birth techniques, and boards about making furniture. Wack!

Guest Deeswift

They won't work on a dark background. I just put some in Photoshop and they have white borders.

On another note, Jodee just spent about 4 hours remaking the old DV smilies (MSN) and they are totally smooth on either light or dark backgrounds.

I have a screenshot (although one or two weren't 100% finished). What it means though is making seperate sets for each skin background, which she is prepared to do anyway, it'd take minutes.

They won't work on a dark background. I just put some in Photoshop and they have white borders.

On another note, Jodee just spent about 4 hours remaking the old DV smilies (MSN) and they are totally smooth on either light or dark backgrounds.

I have a screenshot (although one or two were'nt 100% finished). What it means though is making seperate sets for each skin background, which she is prepared to do anyway, it's take minutes.

Damn... Thats great!! A big thanks to her from me!

Are they ready to use?

Guest Deeswift

We can have them ready soon. I agree, she did a spiffing job. Just need to take a screenshot of each skin, get the hex, save each smiley as a gif with a background, rename them (as numbers, maybe?) and make sure all the names are the same for each set.

We can have them ready soon. I agree, she did a spiffing job. Just need to take a screenshot of each skin, get the hex, save each smiley as a gif with a background, rename them (as numbers, maybe?) and make sure all the names are the same for each set.

Sounds like a lot of hard work.. And im tired!! :sleep:

awesome back to the smilies hahaha :crying: :crying: :crying: love that one for some reason it can convey so many feelings other than sadness