Problem with Firefox DownloadHelper Add-On

Bubba

Sup fellas

Have a small q here. First off, I'm on a mac. I use Firefox to browse the web and recently downloaded a the downloadhelper add-on which you can use to rip media off webpages. Say a youtube movie etc. Now it also contains a youtube - mp3 converter function, which for some reason however doesn't seem to be working right. I'm told that I need a new application to help convert the file (i think it's some java app) but can't find where to a) d/l this application as I don't know what it is I even need and b) I can't even change the preferrences properly (this is what's shown in their tutorial video).

I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems or know of a better add-on for ripping media (i.e. videos) off of web pages or youtube-mp3 converters for mac (there are tons for windows, but I can't really find too many good referrences for mac except for the app i've already downloaded and installed).

Thx for any insights.

peace

O.