DMC 2009 DVDs

Jon

Anyone watched them yet? I've just been watching a few of the solos... standard has dropped a fair bit from 2008 in my opinion (so far- I've not watched them all). There's been no stand out memorable routines out of the one's I've watched. There's noone like IEmerge, Muzzell, Plus One, Woody, Kentaro, Pfel bringing the goods for me this time...

Final's routine is more memorable as it's really melodic but his stuff is pretty basic... just when you think he's going to tear it up over his Nero/Streets routine he relies on production noises to give most of the impact. My supremecy/teams dvd won't work on my laptop so I haven't watched those yet either. I normally prefer them to solos and find them more interesting/enjoyable, so they might be different :)

Custom routines (rather than pressing beats unavailable on vinyl) and hands in the air poses are killing what's left of the battle gayme. Disscuss

you sound like me 2 years ago Jon...which I think is quite funny. Unless something drastic happens battling is dead as of this year. I think its time some of the big dogs got back involved. Total eclipse, the VAJra, barbra bu, Annabelle Track and you know the good ones liven it up a bit with some jawdropping shit.

I don't think battle DJing is something that many people can stay consistently passionate about unless they're actually doing it. You get the occasional memorable routine, then a bunch of people that sound very alike. I respect the skill and time it takes to craft a set, but my interest in it has waned to the point where I don't even know who the winners are any more. The more you get into it and the more you learn about it, the more choosy you become as well, so you're less easily impressed. It's the same with scratching for me now. Outside of D-Styles and one or two others, it's another case of "I can respect the skills and they're WAY better than me, but it does nothing for me."

jeez the standard has dropped massivly over the last 3 years, been trying to find good new shiz on youtube but it seems the whole scean is dead.

where have all the sick peeps gone???? i have only been away for 2 years but it feels like a decade.

can a scean really turn to shit this quick??