Thinking of dancing with the Devil

mattnice

Im seriously thinking about getting a mac as my laptop with serato on is on its way out.

I know fuck all about them,ideally i will only be using it for serato and surfing the net.

Can anyone recommend a good refurbished one[im not made of money]?

Cheers

Matt

why?

To complete his look! DUH.

Tight jeans -- CHECK

Back shaved -- CHECK

Hipster Mac -- _____

Seriously tho... WTF is this shit about Serato??? I thought u quit DJing. Why u spending $$ on something u don't do?

As for actual advice. I own a mac. I would probably buy a mac again. But I wouldn't enjoy buying a mac. 150% OVERPRICED. It's better than an average PC but it's not better in proportion to the price markup. Basically you are paying for a little bit more simplicity and a lot bit more cool factor. MY ADVICE-- Don't be afraid to buy a Mac, but I would look for a used/refurbished Dell Precision Laptop. That is server quality and buying it used will mean it's cheap as fuck. I got an older Precision desktop off craigslist and it's solid as fuck. Paid $150 WITH a legit copy of XP. If you do get a Mac I would go balls out and get a real nice one. Also install parallels so u can run PC software still.

3 is $49 4 is $80.

Bootcamp is free tho:

http://lifehacker.com/165255/dual-boot-os-x-and-windows-with-apples-bootcamp

But bootcamp has to reboot whereas Parrells runs simultaneously.

And FYI Matt, you can always run OS X on a windows machine if u want.

to become tax dodging dole blodging opinitated drains on public funds....

That was actually my planned career, however some cunt then gave me a job and I got used to actually having money.

to become tax dodging dole blodging opinitated drains on public funds....

That was actually my planned career, however some cunt then gave me a job and I got used to actually having money.

yes that would through a spanner in teh works, money is nice, you can do stuff and junk

i have friends (multiple) who have been on the dole 10 years plus and show no signs whatsoever of ever doign a days work