The return of DV Radio?

Steve

For those that weren't here when it was running, DV Radio was a live, weekly, mostly hip hop radio show. There were some good shows, but because the active member base of DV is small and because the show was on at a time that wasn't great for the American members, interest in it dropped off after a couple of months.

We have the opportunity to bring the show back via Faderwave.net, a site owned by the same people that run DJ Forums. It has a couple of advantages over DV Radio - The active member base of DJ Forums is far greater than DV, so we're more likely to get listeners, and it allows for video streaming and not just audio. There's also a live chat room so you can text chat to the people listening. There are various time slots available and currently there are no other hip hop shows on Faderwave to compete with.

Would anyone be interested in doing a show? If we could get 4 people to do a show once a month, we'd be all set. Just like DV Radio, you wouldn't have to play solely hip hop, so you could throw some old school breaks, scratch based music, or whatever in there as well. Post up if you're interested.

Guest loop skywalker

ive been thinking bout doing a radio show for a while now.Wht shit would i need apart from a webcam and broadband?

ive been thinking bout doing a radio show for a while now.Wht shit would i need apart from a webcam and broadband?

Nothing mate. I'd give you a username and password to log in so you could broadcast your set, then you'd just log in and do your thing for an hour or two.

We'd have to find a free slot that all the DJs involved agreed on. Check out the schedule here to see what slots are free: -

http://www.faderwave.net/

Some of the GMT times haven't been converted from EST properly, so the best bet is to just add 5 hours to whatever the EST time is. There's already 1 guy from DJ Forums who's interested and he's a good DJ, so we could do with 3 more people (groups of people is fine too).

i need to dust off my tables. i really want to get down, but im not in the commitment mood right now. besides, right now i have issues with going live. since my internet computer is upstairs and my set up is in the basement. and my wireless router got fried in a lightning storm. i'll probally try to get down once things get started. i'm assuming theres going to be more than one show.

since my internet computer is upstairs and my set up is in the basement. and my wireless router got fried in a lightning storm.

You're only supposed to say things like this when you're late passing on the DV collab mix. :p

The show would be every week at the same time. I'm trying to find 4 people to each do it once a month, then it's not so much of a commitment and it makes it more interesting to listen to.

I've listened to a few shows on there and I've only ever heard one DJ talking. The others just used the text chat in the chat room, so it's totally up to you if you talk or not. The two important things are that it's broadcast live and that it's hip hop themed. Also, it would be better if anyone that did it had a webcam.