processor gigahertage ?

djFatNipples

picking up a new lappy but am not sure if upgrading the processor is worth the loot.

http://www.shop-sonica.com/d2500.cfm

it comes with this standard

Intel Core 2 Duo Peryn 2.53 Ghz T9400

these are my options

Processor Upgrade:

X...None

X...Upgrade processor to Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz 6MB cache 1066 FSB (Add $245.00)

X...T9800 2.93GHz 6MB cache 1066FSB (Add $305.00)

X...downgrade processor to P8400 2.26GHz 3MB cache 1066 FSB (Subtract $-150.00)

would i even be able to tell the difference between a 2.53 GHZ and a 2.93 GHZ processor performance wise?

seems like alotta moneys to spend on sum extra gigahertage when i know not what it does,

especially since i'm shelling out a hundred bucks for thee red trim. :rolleyes:

would yall upgrade?

I'd stick with the T9400 unless you're going to be doing a lot of CPU intensive tasks and the extra cash isn't a big deal to you, in which case you might as well go for the fastest you can afford. I had a look at some benchmarks earlier and the performance boost ranges from negligable to about 15% depending on the test, but benchmarks don't necessarily represent the kind of performance increase you'd actually notice in everyday use. It really depends what you're doing with the machine. If you got "just" the T9400, you'd still have a powerful machine.

^^^

Thanks mang

thats what i dunn figured....

i was jus hunting for a little reassurance b4 i dropped the loot on this sucka.

I totally could have pictured myself clickin off that "upgrade processor" checkbox last minute, and being out 300 buckarooz.

300 beans can get me svm serial gimmicktry scfratch dj gearrah.

and i'd feel better it i kept the whole package under 2 'G'eez for the numerological purposes of sacred geometry.