I hate carrying turntables!

$a!n+

I used to hate carrying records. Now I hate carrying turntables. I just don't like it. Not when I can toss a midi controller in my back pack and have just as much fun. I miss it though. I want to add scratching into my live shows but I don't feel like bringing that extra load of stuff to scratch for 5 min in a 60 min set. Does that make sense? Am I just lazy?

Sometimes just seeing a turntable spinning makes me smile at a show. Is it the difference between an okay and a great show?

they're bulky and heavy but so worth it. i fit a crazy amount of gear in my little ford ka for button basher collabo gigs (decks, mixers, samplers, synths, records, pre gig munchies, tables, synth stands...). takes us about 20 mins either way to pack and load up the gear and then more time to setup but shows wouldn't be the same without it all.

they're bulky and heavy but so worth it. i fit a crazy amount of gear in my little ford ka for button basher collabo gigs (decks, mixers, samplers, synths, records, pre gig munchies, tables, synth stands...). takes us about 20 mins either way to pack and load up the gear and then more time to setup but shows wouldn't be the same without it all.

I play a couple times a week sometimes. All that moving around and I only use it for a total of 2 minutes in a set. Ick! But I hear where your coming from.

you know what Im gonna say! BULLSHIT!!! stop being lazy coz you 'gots to give the people..........give the people what they want!'

I could never just dj with a laptop! that is height of filth in my opinion, I mean serato is one thing but just the laptop and a couple of measly cd things! sorry mate Im totally not with you here I say bring the turns and instead of doing 5 mins of cuts do 30! or loads of break rocking or a routine or suttin!

Just a thought dont hate me like evberyoner else does!

you know what Im gonna say! BULLSHIT!!! stop being lazy coz you 'gots to give the people..........give the people what they want!'

I could never just dj with a laptop! that is height of filth in my opinion, I mean serato is one thing but just the laptop and a couple of measly cd things! sorry mate Im totally not with you here I say bring the turns and instead of doing 5 mins of cuts do 30! or loads of break rocking or a routine or suttin!

Just a thought dont hate me like evberyoner else does!

:d That's how I feel. I'm lazy! I just don't think the crowd I'm playing to is going to give to flips about me scratching, and if they do, they would hate to hear a half hour of it. They just want to shake their booty's. I think I am going to bring it out anyway. If I don't use it enough, and I hurt my back carrying it, I'll have made my decision. If i end up cutting all night and taking it to next-levelness, I may never the home without it again.

An I'm doing an all mash up set, so I'm not just blending heads and tails with my laptop, and I'm using a MIDI mixer and a Kaos pad for more freedom and creativity. I have a couple spots where some ahhhs, freshes , and ahh yeahs would work... We'll see!

The show went great and I didn't bring a turntable. Everyone was to busy dancing to my mash up to even look to see if I had a table.

get like a qfo or something, altho those things are pretty dam big still!

I used to have a QFO.

that qfo was sick why did you get rid of it?

It didn't work with Serato. Remember I used to have a CDX too? Those were the days.

Sometimes I feel like a total outsider on this board. Glad your night went well tho.

Nah. You are right on. I'd bring my table, but no one in Baton Rouge has any appreciation for scratching. I personally like to see a table spinning. I also really like the balance of two tables and a mixer but, my back aint what it used to be. I'm getting old.

get like a qfo or something, altho those things are pretty dam big still!

I used to have a QFO.

that qfo was sick why did you get rid of it?

It didn't work with Serato. Remember I used to have a CDX too? Those were the days.

ahhh the old cdx..............that thing was fuckin sweet man i need some decks!

...and your cuts are really nice by the way.

Cheers man. Where did you hear them. You got any up I can listen to?

I checked out your myspace page. Uh, you can youtube gabrielsaint, and it should bring up some vids. I'll see if I can find one. I haven't record new cuts in a year at least :-(

Here I found them

well if that doesn't prove my point that you should have taken a turntable then I dunno what does!

your style is CLASSIC! :)

Next time scratch their eyes out and cut their ears off.....

DOPE CUTS!

Thanks man. I'm so on the fence about the tables, and being as our set is somewhere between 120 bpm and 130 bpm... I can't really cut on fast beats well. :(

well if that doesn't prove my point that you should have taken a turntable then I dunno what does!

your style is CLASSIC! :)

Next time scratch their eyes out and cut their ears off.....

DOPE CUTS!

Thanks man. I'm so on the fence about the tables, and being as our set is somewhere between 120 bpm and 130 bpm... I can't really cut on fast beats well. :(

Hey its up to you my friend but believe me scratching is the way forward!