@ LCD TV GEEKS, need your help!

Sir Dongbot

I bought a Sony KDL32V4000 tv from an online company for £400 about a month ago but they have been having delivery issue's therefore they are offering me an "upgrade" model which is the new KDL32S5500, link http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t32-s-series...verview/type/3d

As you all know I'm useless at technology stuff so can any of you guys offer some assitance in saying whether I should hold out for the original model or get the upgraded one for the same price?

I had a very brief look, don't take my word as gospel but it sounds like the model you have been offered as a replacement has the updated Bravia Engine 2 (in lieu of BE1). So, marginally improved post-processing, I guess. Otherwise, very much a like-for-like swap. Take the replacement.

Interestingly, the older screen claims 30000:1 contrast and the newer 25000:1. Contrast ratios never did carry much weight with me, though. It's all about gamma linearity, and Sony have always been top notch in this area.