FINALLY BUILT MY NEW PC

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

w00t! I had some good news yesterday from crucial, saying my order was complete and to be delievered by monday. 8 am this morning the postman came delivered it, so after about 4 hours I got it to a fully finished PC with all drivers installed, etc.

Windows took 10 minutes exactly to install, excluding the disk format. It used to take 50. Only thing that is pissing me off so far is it opens up C:\Program Files when first booted up. Program Files folder is open on the desktop. Anyone have a clue why this could be?

Anyway, this rig is hardcore. I'm sitting here amazed at how fast everything is. everything's instant, like "click" -- it's done. This thing rocks! Go buy an A64.

Guest Deeswift

Click on my username which will take you to Profile, and the spec is in there.

I sorted the Windows problem out, just reinstalled / reformatted and all is well. Gonna have to do some benchmarking and try out some games (Far Cry! Doom 3!).

sounds dope man

its been a while for me, but i love getting a new pc, and massive upgrade on the previous one. for years and years i run a p166 with 64meg of memory, and when i got that amd 900 i was way faster. not in the same league as yours, but a similar feeling

Guest Deeswift

I need my cash for other things. It's no big deal, I'll just buy a cheap CD burner and write everything to disc, the PC needs one and it'd be cheaper than farting about on eGay.