Mixmeister

So, last night my mate gave me this software (available for mac or pc) called mix-meister, telling me it's really easy to use, cool software for making mixes (he djs deep-house/minimal). So I install it to take a look at what it's all about and I almost freaked out...it's the most idiot-proof software I've ever seen. Basically when you import a track to your library it automatically calculates the bpms. Then you add the tracks from the library to a play list and the bpms are automatically synced! And each track is placed in a separate channel in a mulitchannel-recording window. Each track can now be given 10000000 different effects, you can splice the tracks have looped sections in there etc all really easy to use. In any case, I gather this piece of software (90mb) is just fucking great for those who want to go on holliday somewhere with simply there laptop and like playing around.

Any of you fellas got experience with this? I've just started to use it, but it looks fun like hell!

http://www.mixmeister.com/

Pee.z

O.

I did some writing for Numark's Cue magazine and they wanted me to do an overview of MixMeister. I'd never used it before but within a short space of time, I'd created mixes with effects, all sync'd perfectly. For the money, it's hard to beat and very powerful. I rate it highly.

I've never tried it but from what I can tell it's popular with the likes of wedding djs and generally people who can't mix because it does it all for you lol

I've never tried it but from what I can tell it's popular with the likes of wedding djs and generally people who can't mix because it does it all for you lol

That'll be the DJs who get paid rather than sit on forums then. :p

I got Mixmeister Studio. I can't tell you how many tracks it'll mix at once, but I gather that it doesn't really have a limit to it.

I'm basically like Giz - for the money (free) it's pretty cool stuff. And if you're into mixing uptempo stuff, then it's fun as fuck to use. simply because you can put together multi-tracked mixes. I haven't worked with it yet tho - but as soon as I have a decent mix together, I'll upload it for criticism.

Pee.z

O.