Throw Away email Addresses

flowerpot

Arguably the worst things about the net: spam, adverts and excessive goverment control.

In this "How To" guide I will introduce the concept of throw away email addresses.

Often you come across a site or forum that you would like to view just briefly, but it requires registration. This requires giving up your personal email addy, that which you might of have had for a number of years. You know they're going to give the email and data away to their affiliates or sell the data for virtually nothing on spam lists. You know that 2 weeks later you will start receiving increased amounts of spam. And, if you try to unsubscribe, it's only a verification that someone is home at that email address, so they keep nailing you. One day you open a malicious .doc in a bogus email and you unknowingly become part of a worldwide botnet, using your own PC to attack others on behalf of a master bot herder.

Why not use a throw away email address?

You use the email to register on the forum and never use it again. Register with the email address, check the inbox, activate the account and forget the addy ever existed. Some throw-away accounts last for 10 minutes, others for 24 hours, it's all you need to avoid giving away that precious email account you work hard to keep spam free.

Lets look at the available avenues for us:

Replace the xx with tt:

hxxp://www.mailinator.com/

hxxp://www.mytrashmail.com/

hxxp://www.spambox.us/

hxxp://www.mailexpire.com/

hxxp://www.guerrillamail.com/

hxxp://www.jetable.org/en/index

hxxp://www.temporaryinbox.com/

hxxp://www.spamhole.com/

hxxp://www.maileater.com/

hxxp://www.spambox.us/

hxxp://www.dontreg.com/

hxxp://www.guerrillamail.com/

hxxp://10minutemail.com/

hxxp://www.spamhole.com/

hxxp://www.tempomail.fr/

hxxp://www.tempemail.net/

hxxp://www.pookmail.com/

hxxp://spamfree24.org/

hxxp://www.spammotel.com/

hxxp://greensloth.com/

hxxp://spam.la/

hxxp://www.spamspot.com/

Now use the throw-away email together with the CGI proxy!

One day you open a malicious .doc in a bogus email and you unknowingly become part of a worldwide botnet, using your own PC to attack others on behalf of a master bot herder.

ive never got spam ever. i think i have a couple of gmail accounts that i use for registration at different sites but ive noticed that on some of the forums im visiting im seeing the same spam comments. is my computer infected or something?