can doing the feedback trick ruin your shit?

Face Melt

im running my micron into my mixer which then runs into my sampler (SP-404) and i have that running into my MPC which i have running into an old amp (really old) which isn't grounded and that's going into some speakers.

well because the amp isn't grounded sometimes if i turn the volume up loud on my mixer you can hear a kind of hum. so i started playing around with it using the FX on my SP-404 and then i started doing the feedback trick with my mixer (headphone into line2) and was just making weird sounds.

apart from blowing a speaker can this be damaging the gear somehow?

i just got my MPC and don't want to be breaking shit here.

I did a lot of feedbacks with my old PMC-07 for some time. It's no longer my main mixer, but it's still in a good condition. What kind of mixer d'you have Face Melt?

I did a lot of feedbacks with my old PMC-07 for some time. It's no longer my main mixer, but it's still in a good condition. What kind of mixer d'you have Face Melt?

vestax PMC05 with the FX send/return.

Doing feedback tricks could knock your street cred into the 90s, unless you have a new twist on it.

LOL.

no im sending the feedback single through my sp404 which also has an FX unit built in and i just borrowed a distort pedal so i want to send the signal from the sp404 into that now and just sample maybe 30 seconds into the MPC and then chop different sounds.

i want to start building up a colletion of FX units tho. it's kind of hard to get the sound of the feedback "smoothed out" if you know what i mean as it usually sounds really harsh on the ears.