Opera 9.50 :(

Steve

Opera 9.50 is the first major update in a while. I just installed it and all I can say is.....WTF have they done to it? The colour scheme is absolutely horrendous. All of the icons are black and look like shit. The buttons make Avant Browser look like a work of art. IT LOOKS LIKE COMPLETE ARSE.

Steve, u going emo on us? :d

YES.

If you're upgrading, go to this folder before you upgrade: -

C:\Program Files\Opera\Skin

And make a backup of standard_skin.zip. If you don't like the new look (and if you have eyes that work, you won't), then you can copy that zip file back to the folder after upgrading, overwriting the new one.

Here's a backup of the skin from 9.27 just in case: -

standard_skin.zip

It's awful. The side panel has a sort of pale blue background with horizontal lines going across it which doesn't match up with anything else. The icons are all black and completely lifeless, apart from a couple of the icons on the main menu bar which look out of place.

Can you honestly say that this............

new.jpg

....looks better than this?.........

old.jpg

IT'S FUCKING SHIT. Ugly as sin.

And what's with the bold fucked up text in the History panel? This shit has been in beta form for months. I expected far better.

Steve, is there no auto spell check like firefox!? That might be a deal killer for me. I can't spell for shit and need the crutch.

What you need is a fucking "How many times have I asked the same question?" checker. LOL.

Here's what I said to you the first time you asked: -

To get a spell check feature, download and install this: -

http://aspell.net/win32/

You need the full installer along with at least one of the dictionaries. Close Opera, install, restart Opera.

:d

LOL... this actually was the first time I asked... I asked again cause I didn't think u were gonna read this post again

ey, so I still cant get it to do what I want... I can check spelling, but firefox would detect mispelled words as you typed so you could just click on em--which is nice cause half my problem is I don't even know I'm spelling things wrong (dyslexia). ...so is there a way to set the spell check to scan in real time. I don't think there is... I tried to find a setting... thought you might know one way or the other.

It's cool that you can customise the Speed Dial in 9.50, so you can have a grid that's bigger than 3X3. You need to edit speeddial.ini and add the following to it: -

Rows=3

Columns=5

Obviously, enter in however many rows/columns you like. It's also cool how the wand logs you into a page before offering to save your username and password, so if you enter in the wrong one, you don't have to go in and delete them.

• 4 weeks later...

ok this is fairly obvious but i just "discovered" (there has to be a better word than that) it now.

when you want to spell check then just right click after you've your message typed and click on "Check Spelling". then opera goes through all the words in your text for you there and you can see if you have any spelling errons.