RFID chips

Steve

I've been reading a topic on Asis related to RFID chips. Basically they are chips about half the size of a grain of rice, that can be implanted into just about anything. Their purpose is supposedly to enable shops and stores to track market trends and target ads and stuff specifically based on what a customer has bought previously. They only cost between 5 and 25 cents to produce too.

The sinister side of this is that they can be used to track you. They are so small you could eat one and not know. You could be wearing one in your clothing and not realise. There's talk on Asis of people taking up arms and locking themselves inside, because they believe some Government run agency is going to force people to be implanted with these things. I'm told I'm naive for not believing this is going to happen.

What do you guys think about this? Is it a misuse of technology or is it potentially useful? I'm not a big conspiracy theorist - I'd rather base what I do on facts, but this is kind of a worrying turn of events.

i think in some respects they are well worth having. e.g. firemen. if a fireman is lost ina building, you can locate then and get them out.

but generally it's a pretty fucked up idea, does have it's plus points tho...

Guest Barnstormer

They also contain radiation, which would be in your body, ok? sorry i thought that was kinda relevant.

I say fuk em, try and put one in me. FEMA have already practiced lots of mock town takeovers in U.S, and have currently set up in scotland, to practice mock terrorist attacks, ie how to get people into one area, ie population control.

cool.

RFID Chips, would definately be helpful in some situations I.E. the Firemen or whatever, the fact of the matter is that they're so small you can have people put thme in you and oyu now know it, which is an invasion of privacy, i mean hoestly if you did need to track Firemen or wahtever, make them where something they can see and tell them...

it wouldnt really bother me.

they could be useful for tracking criminals too.

sex offenders and the like. although dont they already do that?

LOL. It wouldn't bother you that you could be tracked wherever you go? You don't see a small human rights issue there?

Have you guys ever seen minority report? Well basically in this one scene it enters a gap store and this hologram welcomes him by saing his name and askhim how his previous purcahse was and then it suggests him to buy stuff based on his body sizes etc. also the Bill boards and Ad's in the movie track his track peoples movement because they wacth you, pretty scary

it wouldnt really bother me.

they could be useful for tracking criminals too.

sex offenders and the like. although dont they already do that?

LOL. It wouldn't bother you that you could be tracked wherever you go? You don't see a small human rights issue there?

for some people maybe, but i have no worries about it really. so what if they know you are in sainsburies or in your house? if anything that is a good thing as it can provide an irrefutable alibi if you were accused of something...

chips are kinda coo

i know this one chick who had a chip in her head and it meant that she had no hair on her body below her neck, that was kinda cool, she showed me too :( that was pretty nice ya know hehe

and also i know this other chick who had a chip in her arm and it meant that she never got the painters in or got angry and shit so you could bone her 31 days of the month and shit would still be fresh! :shades_smile:

and also i know this other chick who had a chip in her arm and it meant that she never got the painters in or got angry and shit so you could bone her 31 days of the month and shit would still be fresh!  :shades_smile:

thats a worthwhile chip. should be MADATORY. nowt worse than rag week

still at least you can see how far you've been in

and also i know this other chick who had a chip in her arm and it meant that she never got the painters in or got angry and shit so you could bone her 31 days of the month and shit would still be fresh!  :shades_smile:

thats a worthwhile chip. should be MADATORY. nowt worse than rag week

still at least you can see how far you've been in

:50_50: