So fi you could buy any console

Bubba

i'd go 360, then when mgs3 comes out think about a trade in. there's no point in getting the ps3 whilst they're more expensive yet the multi platform games are better on the 360 imo... unless you're thinking about high definition film as well.

I'm a bit of a PS3 hater, but I'd be easily swayed by good games. It's nice that they've finally got the promised updates through the door... the PSP media functions are pretty slick. But a year on and they're still not getting games on shelves. The massive price slashes seem more necissary than attractive. There's a blockbuster at the end of my road which has loads of second hand PS3's already.

I'd get a 360. Almost bought one myself but holding off till after xmas when my bro can afford one too, then we can XBL together. There's more sick 360 games already than you could possibly have time to play, and certainly more than there will be on the PS3 for at least a couple of years

I'm really tempted to walk into town and buy Mario Galaxies. Fuck this 'next gen' nonsense, give me some gameplay

(why is the term 'next generation' applied??? Surely it's 'current generation'? Waste hype spin blah blah)

360, some really great games out for it now: PGR4, Gears of War,Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Forza 2, The Orange Box, Ghost Recon 12, Oblivion, Crackdown, Timeshift....

Then there's all the games that a due out soon on top of that, plus it's media steaming capability's and Xbox live and Arcade AND most games come out on the 360 before PS3.

I had a Wii gets boring after a while and it really is a just a gamecube so if you want nice hi-def graphics forget it.

PS3 - give it a few years to catch up

PS3 - Skate is dope, MGS4 will be un-fucking-real.....plus you get Blu-ray - and if you own a PSP, you can access your PS3's media content abroad from any WiFi spot....

I would have gone for a 360 too, but I know that come 2008, there'll be a lot of illymatic games coming out for the PS3....

Anyone on the Playstation Network? My Skate skills are nExT_LeVeL

skate is also out on 360 though... don't know why i keep calling mgs4 mgs3, but yeah i think that's gonna be the turning point for ps3, shit's gonna be massive.

True dat - but I've heard there were a number of glitches in the 360 version of Skate....

I'm pissed that Bioshock might not see a PS3 release, or if so, it may not be until this time next year....apparently it's crazy.....

PS3 - Skate is dope, MGS4 will be un-fucking-real.....plus you get Blu-ray - and if you own a PSP, you can access your PS3's media content abroad from any WiFi spot....

This is my thinking exactly. PS3 will have DIVX as well so no more downloading and burning movies. PSP will be mine soon and PS3 maybe July.

^^I would get a DS over a PSP any day. PSP is not gonna last... nobody has em in the states... total flop.

I originally was biased towards PS3s and against 360s...

After playing on both, I've found the 360 interface much better, better games, cheaper system, GREAT online community...etc The only thing that I am mad about is that the standard 360 doesn't have HDMI (but I think all do now).

PS3 has shockingly slow load times for no sensible reason on almost all games, free online gaming but there arn't as many people and it's sub-par online community, almost twice the cost and now they don't even have built-in backwards compatibility, I haven't played a single game so far that would sway my decision (and that's what my biggest factor), the system is retarded huge, etc...

I can't tell a difference on the image quality from the two systems on most games... PS3 only has a one or two exclusive titles I'd like to play...

The 360 should be getting DivX support too.

The PS3 is a good machine, but it's unmoddable. Also, if Blu-Ray becomes the standard for movies then it'll be worth it (assuming watching HD movies interests you), but as it is, you get some movies on HD-DVD and some on Blu-Ray, so even though Blu-Ray is ahead in sales, it's not much good if the movie you want to buy isn't available in that format. The new 40GB models are also not backwards compatible with PS2 games, which is a shame as there are lots of great games for that system. I think it's got a lot of potential, but I dunno if I'd buy one just yet. Perhaps in 6 months time when some more games are out, and perhaps the price has dropped a little more, I think I'll pick one up.

The 360 has the best games catalogue at the moment and also the best online system, although you've gotta pay for it. It's moddable, and it uses dual layer DVDs which are fairly cheap to buy. I'd get one over a PS3 right now, although if you get one, make sure you get one with the new "Falcon" innards cos it's been redesigned to deal with the RROD issues that have been a billion dollar thorn in MS's side. The Pro and Elite models come with 2 games bundled too. Fuck the Arcade version. You'll want a HDD with it, and unless you're downloading tons of stuff, the Pro is the best bet with its 20GB hard disc.

I'm a Wii owner myself. I like the machine personally, but if you're into the latest graphics and stuff, it might not be for you, although it is the cheapest of the three (and the games are cheapest too). It has the worst online support, although it is free. It's moddable, and the games all fit on single layer DVDs. The thing I like about it is the control scheme. After playing Metroid Prime Corruption, I never want to play a FPS with a dual analogue stick pad again. It's so comfortable being able to have your hands as far apart as you like too, instead of having them close together when you're using a regular gamepad. Good games are thin on the ground though. It's flooded with a lot of shovelware and cheap ports, but the way sales of the console are going, that's likely to change. It's backwards compatible with Gamecube titles, and there are plenty of good games for that, plus if you like old school games, there's the Virtual Console. I think it makes a good complementary system to go with one of the other two, cos it offers something that they can't. I've always been a big fan of Nintendo's first party titles, so if you like Zelda, Mario Kart etc. it's the only system you'll be able to play them on.

Have you thought about getting a decent gaming PC instead? lol, just to make things more confusing.

^^Good overview... I think the Wii is dope... forgot to even mention it... just not the type of games I usually play... I like FPS (or 3rd person) and real-time or turn war strategy.. not many shooters on Wii... Saint's Row is a sick GTA ripoff BTW...

I was planning on buying a P3 when the price settled, but I mostly wanted it for backwards, so I figure I'll just get a used P2...

You're OK though man, cos you can still buy the version with BC in America. It's been discontinued here, and the stocks were sold off cheap(ish). £350 for the 60GB with 2 free games, compared to £300 for the 40GB model with no games. In the US, you can get the 80GB model with BC, Motorstorm, and 5 free Blu-Ray movies for $499, compared to the 40GB with no BC, Spider-Man 3 on Blu-Ray (the movie) and 5 additional free movies for $399. I think it's worth the extra $100 bucks for the bigger one personally.

Just typing that has pissed me off though, cos I've just realised that you get the 80GB, a game and 5 free movies for £250. :(

You're OK though man, cos you can still buy the version with BC in America. It's been discontinued here, and the stocks were sold off cheap(ish). £350 for the 60GB with 2 free games, compared to £300 for the 40GB model with no games. In the US, you can get the 80GB model with BC, Motorstorm, and 5 free Blu-Ray movies for $499, compared to the 40GB with no BC, Spider-Man 3 on Blu-Ray (the movie) and 5 additional free movies for $399. I think it's worth the extra $100 bucks for the bigger one personally.

Just typing that has pissed me off though, cos I've just realised that you get the 80GB, a game and 5 free movies for £250. :(

I just looked at amazon.com and saw the 80Gb deal. The problem will be when you want to play UK games or movies on a US machine. Seems like a shitload of hassle to save a few quid. I'm not so bothered about PS2 gaming either. I want next level, not last years flavour.

I watched the Motorstorm demo and realised that if I bought a PS3, no work would be done, skratchworx would fold and I'd lose my house and family. Probably better to wait until I'm actually earning a living before diving into the wonderful world of games consoles. So that'll be PS6 or 7 for me then.

You know the amazing thing about the xbox 360, you get your moneys worth. I play everyday on this thing for 2hours and if you can find a game for you, then you will too, I played so much I broke one(even though they weren't made too well), then I took it back and got a new one for free and an extended one year assurance that if it breaks I get another new one. It keeps being updated with features too, which I love. Such a great machine!

This coming from a linux guy.

Here's a vid of FP getting his 360 at Xmas: -

:p

I love that video... cracks me up every time...

... never thought about the region issue... I can see how that might be a concern... seems there would be a hack tho... I only played domestic releases, so I guess it's not much of an issue for me...