Macs not a popular as fanboys think

djdiggla

The 'fanboys' being PC users who cannot seem to shut up about this topic, or 'fanboys' being the Mac users who - for some odd reason - talk about how popular their favorite products are?

The 'fanboys' being PC users who cannot seem to shut up about this topic, or 'fanboys' being the Mac users who - for some odd reason - talk about how popular their favorite products are?

The latter.

8-reasons-windows-users-dont-switch

What this guy hates about mac

When Microsoft bundles its own software with Windows, it's time for antitrust litigation. When Apple does the same with Mac computer or OS X, they're not shutting out competitors—they're adding value. Open source rules, and Windows is bad for being closed, except of course for how OS X is closed, because that's okay.

Apple's market share constitutes a mere 3.2% of the worldwide PC market.

although similarly, probably less than 3.2% or the worlds population listen to decent music, read decent books, or enjoy decent tv & movies...

i'm not saying they completely overlap in the Venn Diagram but you know...

btw i dont use a mac...

Vista out-sold the entire OS X user base after being on sale for just 5 weeks too. Macs are wank though, so that's probably why.

And 50 Cent's album outsold Juan Atkins - godfather of techno - 's entire discography. It really has piss to do with anything. I really don't see why this opinion-fest still exists today seeing as how its gotten nowhere in the entire history of computing. To say something as general as a computer/operating system is 'wank' really is just a silly statement. I may be a die-hard OSX (I don't care what hardware I use it on) user, but my usage of it has nothing to do with Windows/Linux/*... it does what I need it to do in a way that works for me, so why would I ever need to bash the opposite?

Vista out-sold the entire OS X user base after being on sale for just 5 weeks too. Macs are wank though, so that's probably why.

And 50 Cent's album outsold Juan Atkins - godfather of techno - 's entire discography. It really has piss to do with anything. I really don't see why this opinion-fest still exists today seeing as how its gotten nowhere in the entire history of computing. To say something as general as a computer/operating system is 'wank' really is just a silly statement. I may be a die-hard OSX (I don't care what hardware I use it on) user, but my usage of it has nothing to do with Windows/Linux/*... it does what I need it to do in a way that works for me, so why would I ever need to bash the opposite?

I'm with this dude!

not that it matters. but i was actually about to finance a macbook pro. but my credit is fucked up from late mortgage payments. but i still have credit with dell. so i just ordered a juiced up dell laptop which should be here in a few days. im used to windows but i do like macs. i never understood the whole hate debates over macs and pc's. but then again, i dont understand the million and one "which is better: techs or ttx's or pdx's?" posts.

They're still wank. :)

I love Macs and almost everything about them (the new Leopard folders look a little suspect). I actually like Vista as well and look forward to getting an Intel Mac so I can run both. Outside of that, I couldn't care less if they have 0.0001% or 101% market share. As long as I'm happy, that's all that counts. If you don't like them, just ignore them because no amount of hating/fanboying about how shite/überhot they are will change a damned thing.

vista's ghey

i bought a pc with vista which arrived this week, and it just seems to be full of bullshit which you don't need, and looks like its trying to look more like a mac OS

i partitioned it and i'm trying to install XP on the other partition to sort it the fuck out, but it doesn't copy some files...grrrr i wish i'd just asked if i could get xp on it in the first place!

that said, i have no issue with macs, i probably would have gone for one if i'd had more money and been confident in getting all the cracked software i'd need

I will stay away from vista for a while. Once they will upgrade to vista over here at work, I'll try it out too. I don't get why people are allready switching, unless you want to buy a new pc, for which you can only get vista. To me Windows NT was the best for private use as well as for work, but they stopped to support a good while ago.

i have no issue with macs,

One sentence: Spinning beach ball of death.

only thing i see proven here is the fact that dell computers are *still* selling like mad therefore the computer buying population is *still* stupid as fuck

^^I've never had a Dell crap out on me. I seen people who have had small problems, but not much. Lenovo- had serious problems right out the box. HP - junk. Mac-I'm sure you've all heard me bitch about my browser being slow as fuck, no games and a good chunk of software will not work and I've had numerous hardware issues (superdrive, etc).

Dell is from Austin BTW and gives back a lot to the community. And self made as fuck--university dropout. Props to him for that. I prefer to build my own if u are going with a PC desktop.

Jobs VS Gates: Who's the Star?

It'll become an increasingly marginalised argument when the Mac finishes the drawn out transgression from PC alternative to bespoke PC. Everyone knows where Apple's profit centre has shifted, five years ago it would have been crazy talk but today, I think OSX's days are numbered. Perhaps not next year or even the year after, but I expect to see Macs sold as Windows boxes with a high level of UI customisation. Win-win.

It'll become an increasingly marginalised argument when the Mac finishes the drawn out transgression from PC alternative to bespoke PC.

EXACTLY. ...except for the fact that their cult of personality will still be fooling hipsters into shelling out twice as much money for just another PC.

...and people are stupid for buying a dell!? :rolleyes: You can get a Dell for less than $350. Even the cheapest of the mini macs is $600 and I don't even think that comes with a monitor!

It'll become an increasingly marginalised argument when the Mac finishes the drawn out transgression from PC alternative to bespoke PC. Everyone knows where Apple's profit centre has shifted, five years ago it would have been crazy talk but today, I think OSX's days are numbered. Perhaps not next year or even the year after, but I expect to see Macs sold as Windows boxes with a high level of UI customisation. Win-win.

While Steve Jobs draws breath, this will never ever happen. You're getting to personalities here and he'll never see Steve Jobs let Bill Gates win the OS war. Watch "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and read "iCon" and you'll see why.

If Apple rolled over and installed Windows as standard, people would have little point in buying Mac hardware and a huge chunk of Apple would die. Maybe that's what they want and perhaps see consumer electronics (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV) as the way forward but I don't see it myself.

While Steve Jobs draws breath, this will never ever happen. You're getting to personalities here and he'll never see Steve Jobs let Bill Gates win the OS war. Watch "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and read "iCon" and you'll see why.

If Apple rolled over and installed Windows as standard, people would have little point in buying Mac hardware and a huge chunk of Apple would die. Maybe that's what they want and perhaps see consumer electronics (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV) as the way forward but I don't see it myself.

It's already happening/ed... They long ago lost the software battle. Now it's happening further with intel chips, more software/OS compatibility integration... and the door has just opened. apple almost went bankrupt trying to fight PCs and muscle them out with their restrictive system. But they forgot to think about all the software they were gonna come up short on. Just like Beta max.

...it may not run "windows" but I fighre only b/c both OS will be based on unix before you know it...

...just an observation from a "lay" person.

While Steve Jobs draws breath, this will never ever happen. You're getting to personalities here and he'll never see Steve Jobs let Bill Gates win the OS war.

It's only personalities that has stopped it happening thus far, and to be perfectly frank it has reached a point some time ago when the sheer bloody mindedness of it all began to hurt the average Mac user far more than it ought to. There really is no need for Apple to be doing all the donkey work, the 'nuts and bolts' handling of a baseline OS when all they really are providing is a UI that appeals to some people. Apple used to provide an OS that significantly outperformed the competition, but those days have passed.