Bob Power & Hank Shocklee articles delivered to your door FREE!

Paul_Caruso

I hope this isn't considered spam.

I publish a US recording magazine, called Tape Op, in Europe. The next issue features a lengthy interview with Bob Power (he engineered all the Tribe Called Quest albums, The Roots, Erykah Badu and more) and for our European edition I chose to reprint an interview with Hank Shocklee (Bomb Squad) that we ran a few years ago in the US edition.

These are great interviews and a good read for any beatmaker or hip-hop fan.

Ok so can you read these online? NO

They are available FREE OF CHARGE in a printed magazine that will be delivered to your door!

The only catch is you have to go to our website and sign up for a free one year subscription. That's it, we don't sell your address or send you junk mail you just have to tolerate 5 more great free magazines in the next 12 months.

We're an indie magazine and we pay for the mag with advertising - information generated from the subscription questionnaire helps us get more of it.

Subscribe here!

YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS TO RECEIVE THE MAG! It's getting printed tomorrow and will need mailing in the next couple of days!

Enjoy the articles!

• 6 months later...

thanks for posting this, i subscribed last month and got my first issue in the post this morning. I haven't had a good read through yet but have read the article/interview on The Books, which I found really interesting. props!

Glad you're liking it so far although you missed our reprinted DJ Shadow article last issue from the Endtroducing era! :(

Hopefully we'll be featuring more hip hop in the future - I'm trying to hook up a Madlib interview hopefully this year...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo i would have loved that. damn...keep up the god work :)

we don't sell your address or send you junk mail you just have to tolerate 5 more great free magazines in the next 12 months.

We also want to let you know that Tape Op does sometimes sell our mailing list to advertisers. For more information on this, see the documents listed below. -If you do not want to receive any mail from our advertisers via USPS or e-mail from us you should not activate this subscription.

:|

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that's a disclaimer on our website but in Europe it's my decision to sell your details and I have no intention of doing it for the foreseeable future. Worst case scenario is that one day someone like Turnkey will send you a single catalogue... I wouldn't worry about it this year though!

we don't sell your address or send you junk mail you just have to tolerate 5 more great free magazines in the next 12 months.

We also want to let you know that Tape Op does sometimes sell our mailing list to advertisers. For more information on this, see the documents listed below. -If you do not want to receive any mail from our advertisers via USPS or e-mail from us you should not activate this subscription.

:|

Sketchy

Guest petesasqwax

Tape-Op is the best magazine I've read full-stop. I've been subscribing for 3 issues now and it's an absolutely incredible publication. Doesn't matter if I like the artist or have even heard of them, the articles are that thorough and in-depth, there's boatloads of useful information in each and every one. i've not listened to frusciante in years but the feature on him was amazing; the feature on the studios QOTSA used out in the sticks is equally amazing. Seriously, i don't recall the last magazine i read cover to cover each and every time I see a copy. Anyone involved in music production on any level should be subscriber. It's that simple

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man, that means a lot! We just try and make a magazine that people want to read which is why we cut the corporate bullshit - there are no press releases, our reviews are real opinions and we don't do articles unless there's substance there. We don't jump on the 'everyone's covering this' bandwagon, there are no articles on trade shows we've been to etc.

Keep reading and we'll keep sending it! Hopefully your words will encourage a few more subscriptions...

great bob power story about how q tip left him a track to finish and when tip came back a few hours later bob said the beat had a 3 bar loop not a 4 bar loop so i spent the day fixing it...

q tip said its a new thing were going with and had to re program the beat again...