New Kaspersky not compatible with Sygate

Steve

This is just a warning really. I've been using a combination of Sygate/Kaspersky for a while now. I checked the Kaspersky site and a new version was available. I downloaded it, installed it, all was good and I shut down my PC. I went round to my mates house and installed Sygate and Kaspersky (the latest versions) on his PC. He couldn't get Internet access. We fucked about for ages and eventually had to uninstall Sygate to get it to work. I came home and started my PC - no Internet access. The common factor is the latest version of KAV. If I use the previous version of KAV with the latest Sygate all is good.

Anyway, lengthy post, but don't use the latest KAV (5.0.227) & Sygate (5.5 build 2710) together.

No worries mate. I dunno what was up with this new version of KAV. Once it's installed, it pops up a box telling you to reboot which is a first. That's where it goes pear shaped. It also updates really slowly too. I'm back on 5.0.156 now which works fine.

i don't have sygate but the pc that connects to the internet has had problems since i installed the new version last week (1st version for me)

it seems to ruin the dial up networking on it after x hours in use

it also stops it from shutting down properly

i have had to go back to symantec corporate on my server/dial up machine & it is fine again now

thought it was just me so never mentioned it but seeing as other peeps have had probs...

I've had problems with my user profile not unloading while shutting down. In the Event Viewer there were a lot of entries related to it. I installed a little MS app called User Profile Hive Cleanup Service which runs constantly in the background (only uses 1Mb of RAM) and ensures everything is unloaded properly before your machine switches off. I've had no problems since and my shut down is fast too.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Guest Deeswift

Oh man, sounds like a hassle. I wouldn't expect a problem from Kaspersky though. I'll stick with v5.0.156.

Just a thought -- if "Update Application Modules" is ticked in the Update options, will it attempt to upgrade to the new version?

I thought that too mate. It doesn't upgrade to a newer version of the main program even if that is ticked though. I'm not sure what it does, but the only way to get the newer version is to download it and replace the older one.