Nintendo Confirms Original Downloads for the Wii

flowerpot

The Computer and Videogames site touched base with Nintendo in the wake of an interview with a game company in Game Informer magazine, to check up on their plans for original content on the Wii. A marketing director from Hudson Entertainment stated in GI that the Wii would feature a new games channel for downloadable games, and CVG wanted to follow up on the claim. Nintendo's response was that while they haven't decided on the specific method by which they'll be offering the games online, downloadable original content is definitely in the cards for the console's future. No timeframe was given for this content, but it is reassuring to have this piece of the Wii puzzle reaffirmed by the company.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/artic...CVG-General-RSS

thank god. it was only going to be a matter of time before they ran out of quality console games to put on the shop channel.

hopefully nintendo will reinvent original classic titles and make them more appealing to the eye.

that's cool but i don't think that they'll be able to offer games developed by rareware.

hopefully they will be able to offer games dev. by rareware. actually the only game i want to really dl that badly is conker's bad fur day. one of the funnest games i've played, i dont know why as its pretty simple and over done, but i just love that game.

Guest pokemon sauce

yeah but rare wasn't a first party developer. they sold the majority they held in the company to microsoft, so theres a bit of an issue for porting Rare developed games to a nintendo console.

i am trying to find out if Perfect Dark will be made available on the wii. if it is then i'll quit my wii bashing and buy seven of them.

they sold the majority they held in the company to microsoft, so theres a bit of an issue for porting Rare developed games to a nintendo console.

Like what??? Banjo Kazooe was a bunch of shit, Goldeneye is Activision, Donkey Kong franchise is retained by Nintendo. No big deal